Chapter 21

Iris POV

Iris POV

"Let me get this straight." She says to her soulmate as they walk out of the meeting room. "I can't be seen with you in public until after your album is released?"

"Exactly." Namjoon nods. "We don't want to take any attention away from the music so we have to wait until after."

"So when exactly would that be?" She inquires.

"Uh, probably late November. Maybe December."

Iris groans loudly as they enter the room where the rest of the members are waiting.

"What's up with you?" Skye raises an eyebrow at her behavior.

"I have to stay behind the scenes until after the comeback." She pouts, sitting herself down on an empty couch. Namjoon sits next to her, his arm wrapping around her waist.

It's not as if Iris actively wants to be in the spotlight. She just doesn't like the idea of having to hide everytime they leave the house or when there's a camera around.

Jin laughs to himself, mumbling something in Korean.

Everyone else starts laughing as well, except for Skye and Jungkook. Iris sits there, confused about what's going on.

"What did he say?" She asks, turning to Namjoon.

He manages to control his laughter enough to speak. "He said Mr. Bang is probably traumatized after what Jungkook did last time."

"What did Jungkook do?" Iris furrows her brows, glancing at the other soulmate pair.

Skye has an annoyed expression on her face while Jungkook looks extremely guilty, as if he wants to sink down into his chair. As for what exactly he's feeling guilty about, Iris isn't sure.

"Come, I'll show you the video." Skye beckons her over with a tight lipped grin.

"Video?" Iris' eyes widen as she gets up, making her way over to where Jungkook and Skye are sitting.

She peers over the younger woman's shoulder as she presses play on a video on her phone.

Iris immediately takes in the loud cheering and bright stage of the concert setting. She notices a man standing right in the center, looking eerily similar to Jungkook.

"Skye, baby, will you come up here?" He says.

The audience gets quiet and Iris watches in disbelief. "You didn't." She gasps. Glancing up at Jungkook, she sees that he has sunken down into his seat, his eyes looking anywhere but at his soulmate.

"Oh don't worry, it gets worse." Skye reassures her.

After a few tense moments, she watches Skye climb up onto the stage next to Jungkook. Although she's faking a smile, Iris can tell that she's plotting her soulmate's murder in her head.