Chapter 23

Iris POV

Iris POV

"Let's go out tonight."

The simple sentence make Iris look up at Namjoon like the man has two heads.

"You just came back from dance practice." She points out from where she sits on the edge of the bed. "Aren't you tired?"

"Not really." He replies. "I'll be fine if you're with me. But I want to take you out somewhere, we've never been on a proper date." Namjoon stands in front of her, the look on his face as genuine as ever.

She stares him down for a moment before deciding to speak. "Joonie, I appreciate you trying to be romantic and all but we're in the middle of a pandemic and your comeback is next week. So many things could go wrong."

"See, I already thought about all of that." He grins triumphantly, taking a seat next to her. "There's a nice restaurant nearby that has outdoor dining. And it's dark out, no one will see us."

Namjoon grabs her hand, putting on his best puppy dog face. "So jagi, will you please go on a date with me?"

He knows Iris is unable to resist that face.

"Fine." She sighs, finally giving in. "But we need to be really careful."

"And we will be." He offers her a reassuring smile before lifting her hand to his lips, kissing the back of it. "Now go get your cute ass ready."

She rolls her eyes, getting up to put on a nice outfit.

Iris finds a nude cable knit sweater that she hasn't had the chance to wear yet, pairing it with a soft white skirt that reaches mid thigh. Then she does her makeup just because she feels like it.

She emerges from the bathroom just as Namjoon is throwing a navy blue trench coat on over his outfit. He has on a black turtleneck and some matching black jeans. The silver chain around his neck completes the formal, yet sexy look.

"Okay, I'm ready." She smiles.

Her soulmate turns around at the sound of her voice, his eyes trailing over her body. "You look gorgeous, baby." He coos, coming closer and placing a sweet kiss on her forehead. "You ready?"

"Mhm, let's go."

Walking hand in hand, they make their way down the hallway and out the door. They're able to do so without being spotted since the rest of the members have already retired to their rooms after a long day.

They step out into the cool November night, the light wind creating a chill in the air. Iris has to admit that it's exhilarating, just the two of them being out alone without any of the other boys or any staff.

"This way." Namjoon says. They take a left turn, continuing down the deserted street.

"What kind of restaurant is open at.." She pulls out her phone to look at the time. "..almost ten pm?"