Chapter 8

Namjoon POV

Namjoon POV

Namjoon is more anxious about this situation than he would like to admit. Sure, he's used to living with six other men who he considers family. But he has never lived alone with a woman before. And Iris is not just any woman, she's his soulmate.

The idea of it makes his heart pound in his chest and he isn't sure why exactly that is. He decides not to dwell on it for now.

The purple haired man is just finishing up with his breakfast when his phone buzzes.

Iris

i'll be there in 5 mins!

okay, sounds good :)

Namjoon checks around the room, making sure he hasn't forgotten anything. Then he takes his suitcases, leaving and closing the door behind him.

He takes the elevator down to the first floor, checking out at the front desk. The whole process takes a few minutes, so he figures that Iris must be outside by the time he is done.

Namjoon exits the hotel, his eyes scanning the sidewalk. She never told him what kind of car she drives so this might be a little difficult.

Just then he hears a horn honking. He turns his head in that direction, faintly making out Iris' face through the window.

He approaches the dark blue car with his luggage, putting it in the trunk. Then he opens the door to the passenger's side.

"Good morning." He smiles at her.

"Morning." Iris greets him as he settles down in the seat next to her. "How did you sleep?" She asks, beginning to pull out of her parking spot.

"I slept okay, I was just thinking about a lot of things." Namjoon admits. "I'm a little tired." With all of the bombshells that were dropped on him yesterday, he had a lot on his mind.

"Do you think it would help if we..you know.."

Namjoon glances at Iris, confused about what exactly she means. Then he gets it.

"Y-yeah, maybe."

He watches as Iris holds her hand out over the console, still driving with the other. Namjoon grabs it in his, instantly feeling the rush of warmth through his veins. It's a feeling he's not sure he will ever get used to.

He looks down at their intertwined hands, noticing how perfect they fit together. Her hand is small in comparison to his, but not tiny enough to completely disappear in his grasp. And the sharp contrast in their skin tones also catches his eye.