Chapter 22

Iris POV

Iris POV

"Hey bitch!" Serenity calls out excitedly.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much!" Divya gushes.

Iris tries to call her friends at least once a week but lately, she has been busy running back and forth with the guys as they try to prepare for their comeback.

"Hey girls." She smiles, leaning back onto the comfortable couch in the lounge room.

"So what have you been up to?" Divya asks curiously.

"Oh you know, just hanging out with Joon and the other boys. A lot of places are still closed so there's not much to do." She explains with a sigh.

"Yeah, it's the same over here." Serenity pouts. "Some restaurants are opening for outdoor dining but that's about it."

"I feel like I've been staring at the same four walls for months." Divya groans. "I can't wait for this shit to be over."

"I mean, at least you have Kevin to keep you company." Iris points out.

"Yeah, y'all lucky bitches have soulmates." Serenity rolls her eyes playfully.

"Oh yeah, how's that going?" Divya perks up. "With you and Namjoon, I mean? Any progress?"

"Things are good between us now." Iris nods, an uncontrollable smile forming on her lips. "Really good."

"Did you get dicked down yet, though?" Serenity raises a curious eyebrow. "That's the real question."

Iris purses her lips, looking away from the camera. "No comment."

"I knew it!" Serenity gasps. "See, you glow different when you're getting good dick."

"It's true." Divya gives her a knowing look.

"Alright, alright, don't make me hang up on y'all." Iris warns, making them laugh.

After they talk for a bit longer, Iris decides to check on Namjoon.

The BigHit building is eerily quiet at this time of night. Yet this is when Namjoon gets most of his songwriting done so Iris often decides to stay late with him.

She walks down the deserted hallway, the dim lights creating an almost creepy atmosphere. Iris is relieved when she finally reaches a familiar door, one with Rkive printed on a small sign on the front.

She knocks lightly before pushing it open. Namjoon doesn't bother to turn around, already knowing who it is.

"How's it going in here?" She hums, stepping into his mini studio. It's his own little personal space, one where he gets a lot of work done. Or in his words, it's 'where the magic happens'.

"Could be better." He sighs as Iris walks around the front of his chair, sitting in his lap. Namjoon wraps one arm around her waist, using the other to pick up the notebook in front of him. "This is what I have so far."

"Baby, you know I can't read that, right?" She stares at the Hangul on the paper, which means absolutely nothing in her brain. She hasn't gotten that far in her quest of learning the language yet.

"Sorry." He chuckles. "I'll try my best to translate."

"Like an echo in the forest, the day will come back around, as if nothing ever happened, life goes on. Like an arrow in the blue sky, another day flying by, on my pillow, on my table, life goes on like this again."

"Ah, I see what this is about." Iris nods in realization. "You're reassuring people that things will get better even though it might seem like their whole world has been turned upside down."

"Exactly." Namjoon smiles. "That's the main message we wanted to go for with this album. We really want to comfort our fans in the best way we know how. I know it's not a lot yet, but.."

"That's really sweet, Joonie." Iris coos, turning her head to look back at her soulmate. "You're amazing, you know that?"

Namjoon's ears redden and he lets out a shy laugh. Even after all this time, he still gets shy when she compliments him.

"You're so cute, come here." She grabs his cheek, leaning into him.

Namjoon helps her close the distance, his lips meeting hers in a gentle kiss.

"Mm, you taste like strawberries." He whispers. Namjoon's voice is always deeper than usual when he speaks Korean and it never fails to give her butterflies in her stomach.

"All I understood was strawberries." She confesses with a small smile.

"Close enough." Namjoon chuckles. "I said you taste like strawberries."

"Oh, that's probably my new lip gloss." She smiles. "You like it?"

He tilts his head as he pretends to contemplate the question, a teasing grin on his lips. "Hm, I'm not sure. I might have to taste it a few more times."

"Oh really?" She raises an eyebrow. "Well, be my guest."

Namjoon kisses her once again, their lips moving together in perfect harmony. He really gets into it this time, his tongue slipping into her mouth as his hand drifts under her shirt to grasp the bare skin of her waist.

When he pulls away, both of them are out of breath. "Oh yeah, that one's definitely a favorite."

His words make her giggle. Then she sighs contently, leaning back against his warm chest.

"You wanna know something else?" He asks suddenly, making her look up at him.

"What is it?"

"I love you."

A bright smile forms on Iris' face. She wasn't expecting him to say that but she's happy he did. She's felt like this for a while but she's been too shy to tell him.

"I love you too."

His eyes widen at her confession. "You understood what I said?"

"Duh." She rolls her eyes. "That's literally one of the most well known phrases in any language."

Namjoom slaps a palm to his forehead, covering his face. "I feel so silly now."

Iris laughs at his bashful behavior, pulling his hand away. "It's okay baby, it was cute."

"You think everything I do is cute."

"And your point is?" She stares at him blankly.

They maintain eye contact for a few moments before bursting into laughter. "You're too much." He shakes his head with a small smile on his lips, embracing her tightly in his arms.

"Believe me, I know." She grins.