Chapter 11

Namjoon POV

Namjoon POV

"C-cuddle?" The man stutters, looking at Iris with wide eyes.

"Yeah." Iris shrugs nonchalantly. "I noticed that the more we touch, the faster we heal. And we're both super tired so.."

Namjoon is so shocked by the suggestion that he doesn't respond.

"Or we could..not do that." She backtracks after noticing his reaction.

"No, I want to!" He quickly reassures her. "I would like to, um, cuddle with you."

In reality, he would love to. But he doesn't want to seem too enthusiastic. Plus, he's nervous as fuck.

She smiles happily when he agrees. "Okay, good."

She's so beautiful when she smiles.

"Namjoon?"

He snaps out of it to see her looking at him with her head tilted in confusion. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

She laughs lightly. "I asked if you wanted to be big spoon or little spoon."

"Uh, big spoon?" He's not exactly sure what she's talking about but he's just going to go with it.

"Okay, lay down on the couch then." She orders.

Namjoon does as she says. Then he watches as she comes towards him, laying down in front of his body so that her back is facing her front. Oh.

He loved the idea of cuddling with her but now that he's actually in this situation, he doesn't know what to do. Her close proximity alone has his heart pounding in her chest.

"You can touch me, you know." Iris says after a few moments. "Just keep it PG."

Her words make Namjoon laugh, despite his nervousness.

Then he lifts up his arm, bringing it around her waist. He uses it to pull her body flush against his and Iris lets out a little squeak.

"You okay?" Namjoon asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She says, her voice more airy than usual.

If Namjoon had to take a guess, he would say that she really liked what he did. Good to know.

He rests his head against the back of her shoulder and Iris finally relaxes after a few moments, letting her arms fall on top of where his is resting on her stomach.

Namjoon has never been more comfortable in his life. Everything about Iris is so warm and soft and wonderful. Her body moulds perfectly with his, like they were made for each other.

It's not long before he feels her breathing slow down completely and her body goes completely still. Namjoon lifts up his head slowly in an attempt to not disturb her.