"What are the odds of her beating this?" My sweet Blake hasn't stopped trying to get me the best medical care. The best doctors have been flown in for this surgery all last minute because Blake wouldn't have anything less.

"Blake, they won't know until they get in there." Her deep sigh shows her frustration. "Georgia needs to do as she's told, first and foremost. If it's not cancerous her odds are good for getting through this with minimal problems. She will most likely have some forgetfulness no matter what happens. That's just going to come with age. The pain should be gone almost instantly. The dizziness should be the same. Georgia isn't young, so bouncing back will take time. Everyone needs patience." Grace is fortunately straight to the point, good or bad. I appreciate that about her.

"What about brain damage? Is there any chance that she'll have any permanent damage?" I can hear his fear. My baby boy is so scared for me and I can't do anything to help him.

"Again we won't know until we get in there. Georgia has to follow her doctor's orders. She's getting the best care possible, Blake. All we can do now is pray." Grace comes closer to the bed and checks the drip, the vital scanner and makes her notes. "Emma and you have another ten minutes then you clear out so she can rest."

"Grace, she's asleep now." Emma replies but Grace laughs.

"Okay," Feeling a tap on my arm, I know the gig is up. "Georgia, I know you're awake, you have ten minutes to visit then I kick them out." She's smart as a whip our Grace.

Opening my eyes I see Emma's mouth open and Blake shaking his head at me. "I deserve to know what my outcome is too. You, my boy, weren't going to tell me."

"No, because I don't want you upset, Ma. I'm taking care of everything for you, including Adam. I just want you to focus on getting better." Blake has already taken the reins out of my hands. He'll lead the family well when I'm gone.

"Well, then I want a party, Grace. With strippers this time. We'll just tell Jim it's therapeutic for my recovery." Grace gives me a grin and a wink as she opens the door.

"I'll see what I can do. I suppose you want them dressed like doctors too?" Oh, I do love her. She plays this game well. I'm sure there's a number of dirty old men that come through here who adore our Grace.

"That would be wonderful and handsome, not too young. I might embarrass the kids if they see me as a cougar." Emma and Grace laugh while my sweet Blake actually blushes. "Why are you turning red? I was not the one who posed naked with only a helmet to cover my assets and then wonder why I was attacked by fans everywhere I went."

"It was a modeling spread!" Blake countered. "And you bought out the supply of magazines in one of the stores and asked me to autograph them."

"I was giving them out to your fan club." I explained. "Besides, a mother has a right to support her children. I'm proud of you, baby. You worked hard on getting to the top. I was so proud of you when you played ball. I still am. You've turned into an amazing man, father and son."

"I know, Ma." Blake kisses my forehead as I've seen him do for many years to Emma. "I'm pretty proud of you too. Grace says you need rest. You need to rest. You heard what she said about doing as you're told."

"Hmph." Looking around Blake at Grace I'm not sure she understands that I do what I want not as I'm told. I stopped doing that a very long time ago. "I'll tell you what, I'll do as I'm told if you tell us what you're holding back, Grace. I know you know something you aren't telling us. Spit it out, honey."

Grace lets the door close again and comes to the foot of the bed. She's a tremendous nurse, a wonderful wife and mother and an even better friend. I know she's limited in what she can say to patients and I know she's in a tough spot making sure she can be here for me. I also know she has information that she can tell the family but is hesitant to tell me. That's not going to fly with me.