"What did I do?" I sagged down.

Cedric was going towards the pack hospital and I couldn't move. I felt an arm around my shoulder and saw Liam trying to console me, but the thumping of my heart was too loud for his voice to reach my ears.

"What did I do? Liam I promised my mother that I would look after her and care for her." I sobbed in Liam's arms.

"It's not your fault, Riya," Liam murmured, his voice breaking as well.

"Isn't it? I slapped her, told her how irresponsible she was, and let her go; she was my responsibility, but I let her down."

"No, it's not, darling, you never thought this could happen to her, she'll be OK."

I stood up and began sprinting towards the hospital; when I entered, I noticed Cedric sitting on a bench with his head in his hands, his shirt stained with blood.

"I'm sorry, it's my fault; I had to act quickly since Liam had asked me to keep her safe, and I failed," he muttered.

"If anyone is to blame, it's me Cedric, not you," I said as he shook his head.

I rushed towards a doctor who was exiting the OT.

"What's going on, how's my sister?" I enquired impatiently.

"She has lost a lot of blood, and her body is in shock." As I was about to fall to the ground, I noticed a hand holding me

"Doctor Allen, I want you to make Niya your first priority and save her at any cost," Xander said authoritatively, and I knew it was his wolf Jack speaking as his eyes flashed golden.

"Yes, Alpha, we will do our best," the doctor said as he bowed his head and went inside.

"Don't worry, Riya, she'll be OK," Xander assured me.

It had been three hours and the OT light was still on. I observed nurses racing out of the OT and bringing blood bags, then I noticed a doctor hurrying out of the OT and saying something to the nurse as he was about to go inside.

"What is going on? Please save my sister, Dr "I begged with the doctor.

"Her heart rate is dropping, and because her body is under shock, this might be fatal."

I stormed inside the room, and everyone followed. "No, Niya, please don't do this, don't punish me like way," I cried.

"Ms. Davis, please, we need to treat her; could you just wait outside?" the doctor requested.

Cady escorted me out of the room and remained with me. When I noticed Xander and Liam chatting to a doctor, I began approaching towards them.

"We stitched her up, her arm is torn, and her side below her chest has been torn with the scratch, so she has huge blood loss," the first doctor explained.

"We tried everything we could with the medicine, but her body is not reacting to anything," said another doctor.

"Do you want us to know anything about her medical history?" The doctor questioned.

"I'm not sure, but I simply know she was addicted to drugs before she came here; will that effect her treatment?" I asked the doctor, but his response made me think again.

"You claim she was a drug addict, but we observed no drug evidence in her blood," the doctor explained.

I sat there with everyone, still crying and begging her to forgive me, when I noticed a doctor approaching us.

"We lost all hope at one point," my heart began to beat fast.

"No, no, please don't say that," I sobbed.

"No, Ms. Davis, it's excellent news," he responds.

"We had given up hope, but miraculously she began accepting treatment and began to heal a little," the doctor said with a smile.

"Thank you," I expressed gratitude to the doctor.

I saw her body laying connected with wires and tubes and assured myself that nothing bad would ever happen to her.

She hasn't been out of bed in two days. The kids are concerned and want to meet her; Cassie told us how Niya assisted her, and I couldn't be more proud. Xander, Liam, and the other men attended a meeting to discuss the current situation.

When I heard Liam say she was awake about 7 p.m., I was preparing to run to the hospital  but halted when I heard Xander.

"We need to figure out what we're going to tell her about what she saw in the woods," he stated.

Everyone had ideas on what to say to her.

"We can tell her the truth," Blake remarked.

"Are you insane?" Cedric enquired.

"We can't risk it, Blake; she's human, and the first thing she'll do is run and tell everyone," Xander remarked, looking at me for assistance.

"I believe we can say she was hallucinating about what she saw; let Cassie tell her that the human and wolf were two different things." I knew this was wrong, but I couldn't help myself.

"I can't lie to her since she just saved my life. How can lying betray her?" Cassie questioned.

"Cassie, you need to tell her that, and that's an order from me," Xander said authoritatively.

Except for Liam and me, I heard everyone whimper. Everyone nodded, and it was decided that we needed to lie; I wasn't happy about it, but it was for the best. I hope that has no effect on our relationship.

____________________
------------------------------
Author's Note:-

Dear readers,

I just wanted to let you know that this chapter has been edited since its original posting.

I hope the changes have improved your reading experience and made the story more enjoyable.

As always, thank you for your support and for taking the time to read my work

If any mistakes please let me know

And please do vote

Thank you❣️

❣️🕊️PEACE🕊️❣️