"So, if you get a Jack and an Ace, you win?" I asked.

"Exactly," he grinned and seemed quite excited about the game, "I knew you were a quick learner."

"And what happens if you exceed twenty-one?" I asked.

"It's a bust, you lose," Mitchell replied.

The game sounded easy enough and I was a quick learner, so I was eager to watch Mitchell play and learn from him. I stared at him with a small grin and couldn't help but find him extremely sexy when he taught me new things.

"You're so sexy when you get into teacher mode," I brushed my fingers over his arm.

"Behave, Mila," he said under his breath, "Not now."

Mitchell pulled out his credit card and handed it to the dealer, "Two thousand," he instructed and the dealer walked off.

I raised my brows, "You're starting big."

Mitchell shook his head, "Not really," he turned to me with a smile, "It's just for fun, let's not count every dime and penny."

"Alright," I mumbled.

Your money, your rules.

The dealer was back with multicolored chips and slid them over to Mitchell. There were markings on the green-colored surface, each with different values to place bets on. Mitchell started and bet a thousand while the dealer placed his cards in a shuffler machine.

"Ready?" the dealer asked as he was about to deal the cards.

Mitchell had his elbow on the table and wore a serious expression as he mindlessly rubbed his thumb over the stubble that covered his jaw. His other hand rested at the back of my chair and I leaned closer towards him so I got a closer look at how the game went.

The woodsy, musky tones of his cologne engulfed me with his natural fresh scent and body heat. I was so close to him that my bare arm brushed against the fabric of his button-down shirt. I wasn't sure how I was going to concentrate on learning the game when Mitchell looked the way he did and sat so close to me.

Just as the dealer was about to commence, a woman took a seat two chairs away from Mitchell. She looked like a very wealthy socialite and appeared to be in her late twenties or early thirties. The tailored silk dress with a halter strap design was no doubt designer, the choker around her neck was certainly made of diamonds and matched the large rock on her right hand's ring finger.

Her strawberry blonde, sleek, straight hair sat around her shoulders and complimented her bright green eyes, full red lips, and small pixie nose. There was no doubt she was beautiful but that hadn't bothered me, what irritated me was the way her beady eyes openly checked out Mitchell.

Another one.

"Bonjour," she greeted Mitchell and pretended as if I didn't exist.

Mitchell nodded politely and shifted a little closer to me. He glanced at me with a small grin and wink before he gestured for a bartender who'd served us earlier to bring him another drink.

Mitchell brought his lips to my ear, "Do you want anything?"

I innocently placed my hand on his lap and looked at him from under my lashes, "I'm good for now."

Mitchell's eyes dropped to my hand with an amused expression and looked up at me, "At least let me play one game before you play with," he lowered his eyes to his crotch, "him."

I raised both brows, chewed on my bottom lip, and smirked as I asserted a little pressure on his thigh, "I don't eat any form of meat but I'll see what I can do for you."