Seventeen

"Why did you bring him here?" Melissa whispered to me furiously. I can almost hear her grinning teeth. I faced her.

"He's a good guy, Mel," I whispered back. Reyver said he likes Melissa, and so does Melissa. I'm not playing cupid here, but... at least I want them to have some closure or something. I want them to be friends or maybe oblivion the hatred between them.

"You said so yourself that you don't like him!" She sheiks, I rolled my eyes at her. Well, yeah! But that was... in the past.

"Both of you, stop the awkwardness," I exclaimed glaring at Melissa and Reyver. They've been like that since the beginning!

"Hiro! Eat with us, please." Reyver pleaded at Hiro, who was about to pass. He looked at us specifically—me, Melissa, Vanessa, and the pleading Reyver holding his shoulder.

He just nodded and sat parallel to us. The whole time at lunch, Melissa was silent as Reyver keeps talking with us and sometimes just with Hiro as both Vanessa and I started a conversation and lessened the awkwardness between Melissa and Reyver. All in all, it was less awkward for all of us.

"You shouldn't have done that, Chels," Reyver said while we're walking to the training room.

"Well, you can't blame me. Melissa's my friend and I want you to tell her your true feelings or have some closure." I said started stretching.

"Still, I don't want Melissa to get the wrong idea."

"She won't. Trust me," I stated, and our training started. One month and a half already passed with this training buddy stuff.

"All of you would battle other classes at the same batch as well." Prof Jeffrey said that to us.

I feel like everything's happening so fast. I feel like I'm just a normal brat princess. Then I came to this weird school, and then I knew that I had magic; now, I'm battling students the same age as me and rocking the battlefield!

"Whoo!" Cheered from the audience and applauses as my duel partner in this is dead—well, not literally.

"Whoo! That's some technique!" Melissa exclaimed as I got down from the platform. We're here at the Averion—no, it's not Blaze yet.

"Next from class Sapphire, Jeremy Brown! And from class Emerald, Reyver Brown! Please come up here." That's professor Jeffrey announcing.

"Who do think would win? Jeremy and Reyver are cousins." I looked at Melissa, and she even knew Reyvers' cousins?!

"You know Mel. I didn't ask." I just said and focused on the match. It seems like they set aside their family thing first in this match. But they congratulated each other at the end.

"Let's celebrate!" Melissa exclaimed at all five of us going to the cafeteria. We all got in! It means we're going to the second Blaze!

"Cheers!" Reyver yelled as we held our orange juice and lift it high and bang it all together.

I can't help but smile at the scene in front of me. Vanessa and Melissa also became close when they were training buddies. And I couldn't help but look at Reyver that keeps pestering Hiro that all he did was drink his orange juice and act as if it's liquor.
(1)
"Hey, Chelsea!" I looked at Melissa as she throws a bottle of orange juice as Vanessa used her magic to land it safely in front of me.

"Showoff," I said as I drink the orange juice.

"All these walls that I've build surround me-" I looked at the students here at the cafeteria as I heard a song played by the speakers here in the cafeteria.

"And no one sees me hanging by a thread-"

"All these voices are so resounding.
Don't know what's real or what's in my head." I'm also singing with the song but it sounded like a whisper as I looked at the four of them that's also looking at me.

"At least just pray for me~"

"Cuz everything that I know is changing.
So if you think I'm worth saving
Won't you stay~ for me-
Cuz I'm so alone." The song ended an so did I. I'm surprised when Melissa and Vanessa stood up and hugged me.

"You would no longer be alone from now on," Vanessa stated.

I went out to get some fresh air after what happened in the cafeteria. It's feels nice when someone is saying that you don't have to be alone cause they're there for you.

I went to Avitrin Woods this night.

"Boo!" I slapped the person that's only a few inches away from me. What the hell?!

"Owww!" Quintin groined in pain.

"What are you—" I slapped the other person that just appeared right in front of my face as well.

"Oww!" Hiro exclaimed, caressing his face.

"What's wrong with the both of you?! Can you stop scaring me!" I yelled.

"I didn't know your slap could be that hurtful, Chels." Quintin exclaimed.

Because I saw this two again I couldn't roam by myself. Their like my bodyguards or something, especially when I'm here at Avitrin Woods.

We stopped at a big white tree near the river. They seated in the brunches of the tree as I did the same.

"Do you know anything about the princess that passed away a decade ago?" I asked out of nowhere.

As much as I'm curious about what's happening to me and about Quintin, I keep remembering what Melissa said before.

"A pet bunny never appeared since the princess died who had the last bunny, mmmm.......it's about like a decade ago."

"It's written all over the history books," Quintin said. We're sitting in the tree, looking at the night sky.

"The Hima's (oldies) says that the bunny's cursed." Cursed? I looked at Hiro, who said it. I sense a mysterious aura around him this time.

"But, of course, that's only according to the Hima's." Quintin exclaimed, but Hiro's eyes and mine are locked as if having a staring contest.

"Quintin, you know better." Hiro said and jumped off the tree and landed safely. I looked at Quintin, who's now having a serious face.

"What does he mean?"

He sighed and rubbed his hair before met my gaze.

"That princess, Chels. It's my mother." I can see loneliness in his eyes as he said those words.

That princess who disappeared is Quintin's mother?!

————————————————————

Quintin's POV
"But, of course, that's only according to the Hima's." That's only according to the Hima's. I don't believe that my mother's blike is cursed that caused her disappearance. Blikes usually dies when their owners does too. But my mother's blike is alive. I saw it with my own eyes, but mysteriously it just disappeared.

————————————————————