♡ Chapter 8 - Fever ♡

A/n: have y'all heard 'Fever' yet?

~~~~~🍥~~~~~

•Felix POV•

Waking up next to her days in a row is with no doubt the best thing that has ever happened to me in the last five years. I took a moment to examine every detail on the sleeping face of the girl in my arms, knowing that this moment wouldn't last long as I would soon be immersed in meetings.

Her dark brown bangs hanging to the side of her forehead, her long eyelashes resting on her cheeks, her mouth a little ajar as she lightly snores. She would never admit it, but she's beautiful in every single way, as much as she doesn't think so.

I always try to tell her so, but she's stubborn and will either hide away her face in her hands or push me slightly saying that I'm lying.

I'm not.

As I'm staring at her, she shuffles a bit to be snuggled up against my chest, her morning voice as sweet as ever:

"Hey Lixie." She says after looking up at me.

"Good morning, m'love," I give her a kiss on the top of her head, "wanna sleep a bit more?" She shakes her head no, but doesn't budge. I raise my hand to move her hair away from her face, and by doing that I can feel her heat.

"Alaina, babe, you're burning up!" As soon as my hand landed on her forehead I knew she was sick.

"I'm fine, it's ju—just..." she pauses, swallowing a lump in her throat, "it's just the warm blanke— ." Before she even finished speaking she stood and ran towards the bathroom, head hanging over the toilet. I quickly made my way to her to hold her hair as she threw up repeatedly. "I'm fine!" She says after a while, "I think that was the last of it."

"Love, you threw up three times. You are anything but fine." A soft expression lingered on my face as I helped her stand up again, reaching for a tissue to clean her stained cheeks.

"No, really! I'm feeling much better now!"

Lies.

She's always been stubborn like this, never wanting to seem vulnerable or weak. Since the day I met her she has always acted tough, even if she were breaking apart. But i could see through her facade, she ain't fooling me this easy.

"C'mon, let's get you back to bed." I know my day is busy as heck today, but I can absolutely not leave without making sure she's at the very least resting, if not it'll only get worst, I know that, Alaina overworks herself a lot.

After laying her back down, I quickly search through my nightstand drawer finding the thermometer. After setting her up with it I rush to the bathroom to grab a towel and dunk it in water, bringing it back to set it on her forehead.

As I'm walking up to her I see her quickly shove something under her pillow.

She doesn't want to stay in bed.

"Don't you hide that thermometer from me, Alaina!" I chuckle and sit beside her, kissing her pout before taking the thermometer away. "Shoot, your fever is way to high." I place the towel on her forehead, leaning slightly to peck her on the lips. "Think your stomach can handle some soup?" She only nods. I make my way downstairs to fix her something so she won't stay on an empty stomach, it's bad for her.

As I'm using every culinary cell in my body to make something, my phone rings. I pick it up and put it to my ear, holding it with my shoulder.

"Hello?"

"Hey boss, where are you?" Minho's voice echoes through the phone.

"I'm gonna be late today, Alaina isn't feeling that good and I can't leave her on an empty stomach on her own. Go ahead and start the meeting without me, the TXT files are on my desk."