Chapter 8: Italica

Italica is a trading town or small city and a provincial capital of Alnus province located between the crossroad Appia highway and Dessria highway, and one of the Empire most important cities not just for agriculture but also is the center of the trade of 1/3rd of the Empire revenue come from this city. but right now it is under siege by bandits from a former army of the vassal kingdom who has failed their attack on Alnus Hill.

In Italica, there was a siege that is still ongoing. with bandits that all used to come from a former vassal army that retreats. this is their fate now. they are raiding the city of Italica with what's left of its defenders and the rose knight is defending this city from the bandits.

The bandit decided to retreat to the forest to regain strength, for the last 3 days Italica become a target from bandits attacks who plan to pillage and loot the city, luckily it has a huge wall and defenders in the city but the problem is the defenders are city militia. not a regular army, also it is led by Princess Pina Co Lada, who arrive in the city a day before the bandits attack the city. right now she is on the south gate after the defender repels the bandit's attack, the south gate is a breach and beyond repairable.

Pina: Norma, Hamilton are you okay? (she said as she looks at them while they were resting in the barricades.

Hamiton: alive we're. Princess, what are we doing in this place? playing around with marauders?

Pina: It can't be helped.

Grey: Princess, are you worried about us, humble servants?

Pina: Grey, the safety of nobles is an obvious concern.

Pina looked again at the battle casualties, and reflect again as seeing all of those battlefield results, with dead corpses of militia and the bandits. thought she might be mistaken that the otherworder would plan to invade Italica.

Pina: unbelievable that the scattered remnants of the defeated army of the united kingdoms turned into this gang of marauders... so that's why we rode here after hearing rumors of Italica being attacked.

Then with the militia is awaiting an order from the princess as they were all exhausted, thus she begins to instruct them, to remove the corpses and reinforce the fences. as she received the message that her knights will arrive in 3 days, and then their break time is over, as those bandits soon will come again to siege this city.

Some exhausted militia were ordered to be prepared some rations, as those maids in the mansion begin cooking those rations to feed the exhausted militia. and thus Pina goes back to the palace to get a diner as a well-deserved break from all of this bandit attack.

Several hours or more later, she was awake by the maid, and Grey told her that there is someone arriving at the east gate, and they don't know if those people are friends or foe, so she might see it for herself then. so she begins to go to the gate and see it for herself personally through a door, that has a pick there.

Meanwhile, on the gate, there is three 3 tyranid maleceptor standstill outside the gate, with some tyranids with their biomorphs guns and melee weapons with them.

Pina: this is a strange beast, thought their armored purple shell. we could use the ballista to shred their unarmored part. what are these beasts? strange-looking, with four legs, and sharp long claws, are they a siege beast? the thing that these strange demihumans carrying are weapons? I've never seen demihumans these strange, and have strange-looking as they are different species with strange weapons.

She looks at the tyranid that are riding the maleceptor, as those people are truly demihumans with strange tools, the same things she thought

Norma: WHO ARE YOU!!! SHOW YOURSELF!