17: dinner & heathrow

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, Gram!" Brooke blushed, sitting down at the table. "I'm starving."

"Well, you can wait another hour or so to eat. Tom is still working on cooking the filling. Plus, we have to wait for Harry dear to show up."

I followed Brooke's actions, sitting down beside her at the table.

"You girls stayed up quite late last night, yes?" Gram asked, a slight smile appearing on her face. "What kept you two up?"

"Well, I was watching a movie. Brooke was too busy with Michael-"

"Charli!" Brooke shouts, slapping me on the arm. "Shut up!"

"Michael?" Gram asked, with a puzzled look. "Who is he?"

"A friend-"

"Her new boy toy," I laughed, earning a glare from Brooke. I raised an eyebrow at her, "What? You know I'm right."

"Charli!" Gram scolded. "I'm sure that's not what it's like."

"No, no, Gram. That's exactly what it's like. I mean, when I-"

Another slap hit my arm and I flinched, rubbing the red spot with my palm.

She furrowed her eyebrows, looking back and forth between Brooke and I, trying to figure out what I meant.

"What?"

Brooke kicked me under the table, causing me to wince. "Nothing, Gram. Don't worry," I smiled at her.

"What happened with Niall? Did you two break up?"

"Gram!" Brooke's jaw dropped open. "Niall and I were never dating. Where did you get that idea from?"

"The way you two always acted around each other... I just assumed..."

"Niall and I were never 'a thing'."

"Oh? I'm sorry dear, I just thought..."

"It's okay," Brooke sighed.

The doorbell rang and I jumped up out of the chair, "I'll get it!"

I ran to the door, swinging it open wildly. The tall, curly haired boy stood in front of me; a bouquet of lilies in his hand. "Hey Charli."

"Hi Harry!" I grinned, leaning in and giving him a hug, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I'm glad you finally arrived. I'm really hungry."

He hugged me back laughing, his unoccupied arm wrapping itself around my back, pulling me close to him. "I'm hungry too!"

"You smell like fresh baked bread. It's delicious."

"Try working at the bakery. You don't know how hard it is working around food all day, and not being able to eat any of it!"

"I can only imagine," I laughed. "Are those for Gram?"

"Yeah, I know they're her favourite," he smiled down at me, lightly rubbing my back.

"She will love them," I smiled, looking up at him.

"Ahem."

Our heads shot to the doorway of the kitchen, a quizzical Brooke staring at us.

"Hi?"

"Um, are you two going to detach yourselves from each other any time soon? I'm starving and want to eat."

My eyes widened and I dropped my arms from him, a small cough leaving my lips. "Sorry about that. Let's go," I walked into the kitchen. "Harry's here."

"Oh, Harry! How nice to see you, dear!" Gram squeaked, rushing over and enveloping him in a tight hug.

"Hi, Gram," he grinned. When she let him go, he stuck his hand out, handing her the lilies. "These are for you. Your favourite, right?"