"You didn't have to come along. I already told you that I was simply checking out the music shop."

"More like checking out that piano. If you love it so much, why don't you get married to it already?"

"There's no law that allows people to marry musical instruments unfortunately."

"Pft— fu fu fu! I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic right now, it's hilarious!"

Kurosaki laughed strangely at Kishou's completely straightforward response.

"It's not a joke."

"Keep your piano fetish to yourself, I think you're the one giving strange ideas to those two over there."

Kurosaki glanced at me and Yukina, who were standing awkwardly at the entrance.

"Huh, hang on a second."

"Did you notice something?"

"Hmm... sort of."

As Kurosaki examined us up and down, Yukina backed off slightly and whispered to me.

"Yuu, I think we should go now..."

Even though Yukina wanted to withdraw from the situation, I knew I couldn't let this golden chance to properly meet the King slip by me.

"I'm staying. You can leave if you want."

I might've been a bit too loud with my voice, as Kurosaki quickly used this opportunity to involve herself in our conversation.

"Hey, don't feel like you need to leave just because the big scary King is here. The dude's surprisingly docile once you get to know him."

"Me? Docile...?"

Kishou began muttering to himself with a mildly concerned look on his face. I guess he was more fragile than I first imagined...

Rather than be concerned by the fact Kurosaki was indirectly blaming him for the reason we were so reluctant to step forward, Kishou was more preoccupied with how she described him.

"Mhm, like a cute little dove!"

Kurosaki crossed her hands together and fluttered them, mimicking the motion of a bird taking flight and zooming her hands over Kishou's head. Kishou ducked while nodding sagely.

"Doves are my favourite animal, so that's a fitting comparison."

Even though it was meant to be somewhat insulting, Kishou actually liked what Kurosaki said about him.

"Well, are you two just gonna stand there? Especially you, blondie in the grey shirt."

"Eh? Me...?"

I pointed to myself in confusion. I had no idea why Kurosaki called me out in specific.

"Yes, come closer, so I can see your face better."

"Why do you want to see my face?"

"Just come closer, blondie."

Rather than give me an explanation, Kurosaki leaned her body forward and squinted, ordering me with an authoritative tone.

"I thought your sunglasses were prescription?"

"They are, but I broke my pair last week, remember?"

"I don't."

"You have the worst memory. Anyways, I ordered a new pair, but they don't arrive until next week, which is a pain in the ass. That's why I'm using these regular ones with no prescription."