*A visit to the Dursleys*

September 6th, 1991

Rory had decided to go to the Dursley household around mid-day on Sunday, knowing Vernon would be there as well. She didn't really know what her goal was, either scaring them into treating Harry properly or just reasoning with them. She was now standing in front of their door, debating on how to act around them. She wasn't sure whether their son Dudley would be home, as it would make it a bit easier if he wasn't. Muttering a 'screw this' she quickly knocked on the door. Not even a second later, Petunia Dursley was standing in front of her, her face a mixture of surprise and irritation. 

"Not you again," she said. Rory huffed before replying, "Nice to see you too Tuney," Petunia froze at the old nickname, and didn't move for some time. "Yes thank you, I would love to come in and have a chat," Rory let herself in, just like she did 12 years ago, only when she entered the living room, Vernon was sitting reading the newspaper. His face went sour at her, meeting her once in the past. 

"Geez, where did everybody's manners go? I'll make some tea." Rory waved her wand, and the drinks were being made. When they were done, they flew neatly to the living room and set themselves down on the coffee table. Rory sat down on the couch, as Petunia silently tiptoed to her husband. "What are you doing here! I demand you leave at once! You are breaking an entry!" Vernon said after finally finding his tongue. Rory sipped some tea, "I am not, Petunia let me in, an besides, I have something I want to talk about." No one said anything, so Rory took it as her queue to continue. "Alright then. I want to talk about Harry, I'm not liking the way you are treating him." 

"You can't tell me what to do! The boy has brought trouble to our family since he was left at our doorstep! He should be grateful that we give him a roof over his head!" Anger was rising in the room. "By locking him under the stairs!? Almost starving him!? Is it really hard to just treat him like your own?" The couple gave her sneers. Petunia spoke up this time. "He's just like you and Lily! Freaks and dangerous! We couldn't have him mixing with Dudley, oh our little boy couldn't go making friends with a freak like him!" Rory was slightly hurt at the comment. "Petunia, don't you even care for the boy? He's lilys son! Lily, your dead SISTER in case you forgot!" Rory was surprisingly not screaming by this point. "She is not my sister! She lost that name after she ran away to that retched school!" 

Silence wrung around the room. Rory dropped her tone by so much, Petunia and Vernon had a hard time hearing. "Harry lost his parents at a very young age, he has nothing but you two to look up to. You could've treated him fairly but instead, you just use him as your servant, lock him away from everyone! I'm surprised he even had such sweet manners growing up in a household like this! What would Lily say if she was here! All I ask is for you two to treat him a bit better, you don't have to love him, but just hold respect for him. And I will never bother your family again." The couple considered the request. Rory quickly read their minds and found that they agreed to it. With a quick breath in, she disappeared on the spot.

****

December 21st, 1991

Christmas was fast approaching, meaning the kids would be back home any time now. Molly and Authur were visiting Charlie in Romania, so the Weasleys stayed at Hogwarts. Cody was over the moon when the day his sibling would come back came. He was very gloomy over the past 3 months only having Groot and Ginny as a company. Evan had gone to the platform to get the kids, while Rory stayed at the cottage and got ready for their return. "Mum! Cody!" Three voices were heard from the doorway. Cody ran up to his older siblings and hugged them so hard. "Ouch Cody, We missed you too but you can let go now!" 

Rory laughed at the sight, remembering when her little brother did that her first year of Hogwarts. The kids an up to their mother afterwards to give her a quick hug and kiss, then they went all around the house to do their things. Evan then came and gave his wife a kiss. "How was it?" She asked. He smiled and shrugged. "Not too bad, though I ran into Malfoy," His face held slight disgust, but Rory just pinched his cheek. "Loosen up Ev, it's Christmas!" The couple laughed and started getting ready for dinner. When they settled down at the dinner table, conversations were being started.

"So, how's Hogwarts?" Rory asked three of her kids. Molly smiled and said. "Oh, fantastic! Gryffindor is really fun, although most of the time I'm with Reg or the twins. We managed to prank grandpa! You should've seen his face!" Rory gave her a little glare but couldn't hold her laughter in when she imagined Dumbledore with a pink beard.

 "What about you Reg? How's Slytherin?" He shrugged. "It's alright, though I wish I had someone like Uncle Sev or Uncle Regulus like dad was in Slytherin. But it's alright. I've managed to get past Malfoy by transforming myself into someone else. But there's one kid, he's muggleborn, and he's a really good friend of mine. His name is Kyle Duke, nice bloke." Evan and Rory nodded knowing it was a little hard when you were seen as a blood traitor. "But most of the time I'm with Molly or the twins. Ron and Harry seem to be close though, and a girl er whats her name Molly?" "Hermione" Reg nodded and thanked her. "Yes, Hermione Granger. Muggleborn and she's really smart. Sort of funny actually, Ron hated her at the start but after the troll incident, they're now like best friends." Regulus was laughing a little. "I bet they're going to get married." Molly had a sly look on her face. "You're on!" Rory shook her head with a smile.

 "One would've thought you were in opposite houses, and you Tina?" She smiled sweetly. "It's going all good! I help most of the teachers after class, and I meet up with Hagrid from time to time. Although, maybe you should talk to Uncle Severus, I think Harry, Ron and Hermione are close to figuring out about the stone." Evan went slightly cold before saying, "I'll invite Sev for Christmas, that ok?" Rory nodded, " That sounds good, need to catch up with him anyway."

****

December 25th, 1991

"Uncle Sev!" Cody yelled as he saw the potion master arrive at their home on Christmas morning. "Hello, Cody." He said while bending down and giving him a hug. He was led into the living room where the other family members were. "Finally! Let's open presents!" Reg said which earned him a smack on the head from his mother. The kids started tearing their presents open as Severus sat down on the couch beside Evan and Rory. "Hello Sev, glad you could come!" Evan said while patting his friend's back. "Thank for inviting me," Rory cut him off. "Please, you're welcome anytime!" She offered him a cookie which he accepted. "So how's hogwarts?" Evan inquired. 

Severus changed his emotions to slight annoyance. "Hard, you know everyone is very stupid at potions. Just glad Molly and Reg are good at it because then I have a reason for awarding points. But right now, I'm suspicious that Quirell is after the stone, he's been very suspicious lately. And Potter and Weasley is not making the process faster." Rory weighed the reasons. "Well you know, James was a bit... Arrogant?" The three nodded.