*last mission*

previously

"I'm pregnant"

****

Evan went didn't say anything, and his mind wasn't actually working. "Is it mine?" it slipped out of his mouth before thinking. Rory furrowed her eyebrows. "I hope so? Unless you're not Evan Rosier, I'm 100% sure it's yours." Evan registered what he said and shook his head. "No, no that's not what I was going to say, what I mean is," he was still confused. "So there's a baby, my baby, growing inside you?" Rory rolled her eyes"No there's a niffler growing inside me, Yes! A baby is growing INSIDE me!" Rory was starting to freak out.

"You're not going to leave me right?"  She asked uncertainly due to Evan's facial expression. He looked into her eyes and saw fear, it reminded him of when they were captured. He shook his head regretfully and wrapped his arms around her. "Sorry, I didn't mean for you to think I would. I would never leave you, Rory. What kind of person would I be to leave you at all? Anyways, you can't get rid of me that easily." Rory felt immense relief and smiled to herself. "Does anyone know?" "Yea, Grandpa, The Weasleys, Reg and Lily do. And before you say anything about my safety, Grandpa is only allowing me to go on two more missions but it has to be with you and someone else."

Evan nodded, knowing he couldn't get her to stop now. "When's the next one?" "I think he's planning on sending us to patrol next week and the last one in a month."

****

Rory was now six weeks pregnant and was starting to show a baby bump. Molly and Evan were relieved that the last mission was approaching soon so she could rest. Dumbledore hadn't specified when it would be, but he assured that it would be done by the end of October. Even Rory was glad that she could stay at home soon due to having to go to the bathroom so often and having morning sickness. 

Evan and Rory decided to have a walk just for some fresh air. Or that's what Rory thought. Evan was fiddling with a metal band in his pocket, and he couldn't stop. He was also very nervous and seemed to be zoning out at random times. Rory was glad he offered to take the walk because she thought he might need it. He was leading her to a garden, one of her favourite places, then he'd get down on one knee and ask her to marry him. It wasn't the most romantic gesture but he wanted her to be his wife before they have the baby. Of course, having the baby isn't the only reason why he would ask for her hand. 

"Ev, are you alright?" Rory asked as they turned the corner to the middle of the garden. There was all sort of flowers still blooming and the trees were different shades of yellow and orange. Rory was mesmerized by it. The stress seemed to leave Evan's body too. When he finally looked at her, he felt like he could fly. Just then, he knew he was doing the right thing. He opened his mouth to speak, now gaining full confidence. "Rory I wanted to ask you something." She turned to look at him with some confusion. He put his hand in his pocket and started to draw out the ring. Not even before it reached oxygen, a blue phoenix appeared. Evan silently cursed as their attention was now on the Patronus,

"Evan, Rory, your last assignment will be at an abandoned manor in Scotland. There are signs of snatchers in the area, Black is already there. Be careful."

and it vanished. Evan sighed as he extended his hand to Rory, and they apparated on the spot. They landed in front of a dark manor. "Great, our last mission and Black is with us," Rory said gloomily. They opened the door to find Sirius walking around examining the place. He sighed at the pair. "Well, let's get this over with shall we? There are snatchers in the house, and we need to capture them-" he was interrupted by Rory. "Cut the rubbish and look behind you." Sirius whipped back and was met face to face with a man covered in dirt. 'stupefy!' Sirius yelled, knocking the man out. The attack seemed to have set the other people off, and they all came running at the trio. 

"You just had to yell didn't you?" Rory asked. Rory went left, Evan went right, and Sirius stayed in the middle. 'Expelliarmus!' they went to work right away. Sirius was having the most fun, conjuring rubber ducks and placing the snatchers in bathtubs filled with soap. Rory was effortlessly stunning the snatchers coming towards her. Evan had long duels with the snatchers, but it gave Groot just enough time to climb on top of them, and tickle the inside of their ears. 

"Evan!" Rory yelled through the screaming. Evan finished off his duel before turning and looking at Rory. "What? 'incendio'" "What were you going to 'expelliarmus' ask me before we left?" Evan flipped a person over. "now?" Rory nodded aggressively. Evan huffed out some air. "I was going to ask you to marry me! 'Reducto' not only because of the baby but... bloody hell, there are so many reasons I want to marry you!" Rory didn't hesitate when she replied. "Yes! I will marry you! 'levicorpus!' " Evan couldn't believe his ears, he turned around stupidly and faced her. "Really?" Rory took a second to look into his eyes. 

"Yes!" and an idea hit her. "Evan, I want to get married right now!" His smile was his answer. They both turned to the front and yelled. "Sirius! 'Aguamenti' 'finite'" Sirius turned his head to look at the two. "Sirius, can you wed us?" Rory said. Sirius sighed "Scourgify' Uh, I'm kind of busy right now." He heard a faint please coming from the back. "Fine, 'depulso' " Evan and Rory locked hands as they continued to duel the snatchers with their free hands. "Do you Evan Rosier take Rory Dunlap to be your lawfully wedded wife? 'BOMBARDA!" Evan loudly said 'Yes!' and Sirius continued. "And do you Rory Dunlap, take Evan Rosier to be your 'expelliarmus' lawfully wedded husband?" "I do 'confundo'!" Sirius was occupied for a bit. "Then with the power of merlin, 'accio' I pronounce you ' avis' husband and wife! 'descendo!' you may now kiss the bride!" 

Sirius was finishing off the last snatcher, and when he turned around, he found himself in front of the couple snogging. "Gross," he said as he walked out the door.