*Flower*

October 25th, 1977

The start of seventh year was stress-free. The teachers were more focused on the younger students at the moment, so the older ones had less stuff to do. Rory and Evan spent most of their time reading by the black lake or having conversations with Dumbledore, who was very amused by Rory's rant about Lily and James. As she predicted, the two were always bickering, but Rory noticed them watching each other while the other wasn't looking, giving Rory something to tease about. Rory and Evan also started tutoring younger students with subjects, except Evan would do DADA, Charms, and Transfiguration, while Rory did Potions, Herbology, and Divination. The couple were popular for 1-3 years. Sometimes, Tina would come along and help out or take tutoring herself. Of course, Rory told her not to push herself too much saying no one could possibly do everything. 

Rory checked up with Molly from time to time and see how she was doing. Molly always sent out homemade fudge (which Evan would eat before Rory could) and a satisfying reply for Rory. Molly insisted that the two come back for Christmas, and they agreed to it. Evan had been sending letters back and forth to Moody about taking Auror training after he graduates. Overall the couple were really happy. 

Evan was tutoring a 1st year in the library, and even though Rory was free, she decided to stay in the library as well to do some reading. She was going through the herbology section when she bumped into somebody and they dropped their books. "Ouch, oh sorry Sev." she bent down to pick up the books on the floor. When she was about to place them in his hands, she quickly read the title and drew it back. "Flowers that yell 'you're pretty'? Sev what are you doing with this book?" She raised an eyebrow at him. His face was as red as a tomato "I-uh was doing some light reading about flowers." his eyes were trained on his shoes. Rory's eyes were narrowed. "Were you going to give somebody flowers?" Normally Severus would have denied it, but he knew she already knew, and either way, he sort of needed her help. He gave a low grumble and said, "Fine you caught me. I wanted to ask Mary out to Hogsmeade but I wasn't sure how, so Lily suggested to get flowers, so I tried to figure out what kind of flowers I should get," 

Rory snickered. "Ok one, I'm hurt you didn't tell me" she put on a fake sad face "And two, this book is rubbish. It will be telling you to give her a devil's snare." Rolling her eyes, she grabbed onto his arm and led him towards Evan. "Hey Ev, Severus needs some help with herbology so I'll be at the greenhouse." He gave her a nod and let them leave. "Rory, what are you doing?" "Helping you of course." 

She led them to the greenhouse and opened the door. "Don't worry, Sprout usually lets me in here without permission, just don't kill anything." She went to the back of the greenhouse in front of some flowers. "Ok, what kind of colours do you want?" He seemed to be struggling with a response, "Do you want to give her a bouquet or just a singular flower?" "Uh, maybe just a flower?" Rory nodded and thought for a while. "Ah, how about a peony?" "A what?" She led him to the flowers and sev considered them. He nodded and Rory cut off one flower, she handed him the plant with a slight smirk. "You're never going to let this down are you?" She smiled and opened the door for him. "Nope" 

 "Nope" 

****

"So what did Severus need help with?" Evan asked on the way to dinner. "You'll see" She replied. Evan pouted at the lack of her response and led her to the Slytherin table. They spotted Severus chatting with Reg and Athena. "So Severus, what did you do today?" He turned slightly pink. Instead of responding, "He asked Mary Mcdonald out with a pink flower." Reg said with an evil smirk, which earned him a slap in the arm from Athena. Evan had eyes the size of saucers. "Wow! And what did she say?" He quietly mumbled a 'yes. Evan patted his friend on the back. "Who knew the isolated boy would ask a girl out!" This time Evan got a slap from his girlfriend. "Shh don't say that! I'm so happy for you Sev! I'm glad the flower was good." She said that because on the way to the table, she spotted a pink flower on Mary's ear. "Hey, Rory? Do you want to go to hogsmead together this weekend? Like a date because we really haven't had an official one yet." "What do you mean? We've been- oh we haven't. Sure" Rory thought it was weird that they hadn't been on a date yet, but shrugged it off. "Meet me tomorrow at the front gates?" "Yes"