*Black Lake*

After potions class, Rory met up with Severus and lily at the black lake. When she approached, she could see the slight scowl on Sev's face, most likely because Rory beat him in potions. 

"Aww is baby sevy mad at me because I beat him at potions," Said Rory as she ruffled his hair

"Ugh, stop! And no I'm not mad" Rory could tell he was lying but shrugged it off. "So Lily, I didn't get to see you much during potions." Rory almost regretted saying that because Lily went on a full-blown rant about how Potter was not helping. After Rory had enough, she stuffed grass up Lily's mouth. 'Eugh mmy wo wu boo gah" "Eww lily I think you have grass in your mouth," said Rory with a sly smirk.

****

After lunch, Rory had DADA and herbology. She was assigned homework about Gillyweed and vampires so she had to go to the library to get some books. She was in the herbology section when she bumped into someone. "Oh hi Reg. What are you doing here" Seeing regulus in the library on his own was rare unless it was with Rory. She noticed that his cheeks were a bit pink. "Err... hi Rory. Im here just to read,": he looked around and grabbed the book in front of him on the shelf. "..about mandrakes" However, Rory noticed through the crack which used to hold the book that Regulus was holding, a girl with blond hair. Rory recognized her to be Remus's younger sister. "Merlin! You were syping on her weren't you!" she half-whispered. His face turned even pinker which confirmed Rory's suspicions. She squealed a bit "Reg, you fancy Lupin don't you?" he stuttered and tried to quickly come up with a lie but he knew Rory already knew. 

"You should ask her out!! You two would be really cute together! And she's a Slytherin too so you won't get much suspicions from your house." Rory was jumping up and down and Regulus was pleading for her to be quiet. "Rory! Shut up she will here you!" Much to his dismay, she started talking even louder so he had no choice but to drag her out of the library. He brought her to a corridor. "Look, I am planning to ask her out to Hogsmeade, but I won't do it until a week before the first trip." "But that like in two months! She might already have a date by then." "Ro, I'm not ready to ask her out yet." Rory huffed "Fine but at least try and be friends with her?" "Fine" feeling satisfied she gave Regulus a hug and decided to return to her dorm. What she didn't know is that there was an eavesdropper hiding behind a pillar.  

****

Regulus was walking towards the courtyard to do some reading. He sat down on the bench and thought about what Rory had said to him. Could he really become friends with Athena? He heard footsteps approach so he looked up. 

"Didn't know you were close friends with Rory?" Regulus thought he was going to say something rude about her and felt defensive but rethought when they said "Rory" and not "mudblood" or "Dunlap". "Yea? Do you have a problem with it Evan?" Evan noticed the overprotectiveness in Regulus. He sat down beside him. 

"We're partners in potions, and she's actually really nice" Regulus's glare softened. "We actually talked quite a bit. Not the usual small talk but we actually exchanged some info. She told me about her third year," Regulus tensed a bit. He remembered that the usually bubbly Rory was extremely depressed when her parents were murdered. " And what did you tell her? Don't tell me you didn't say anything back to her." the younger boy started to panic. If Rosier forced her to say her deepest secret...

 "Calm down Regulus. I told her I didn't believe completely in the blood stuff. And seeing as you hang out with her, I think you think the same way, so I guess I wanted some company who believes the same with me." Regulus was a bit surprised at his confession. "You know Severus also thinks that way. I think he, her and Lily Evans live near each other or something." 

"Hey er, how did you get to know Rory?" said Evan. Regulus thought back to the day he met her. "I was in first year and it was a couple days after the first day of school. Sirius stopped talking to me and I guess it was because I was sorted into Slytherin. At that time, I still wanted my brother back so I was really hurt. I went into the courtyard, er this bench actually and sat down. It started raining but I didn't really care. Rory found me shivering in the rain and tried to make me move back into the castle. I didn't want to move so she brought an umbrella and a lantern but she charmed it so that there was more heat. She sat beside me and I talked, she lisented and I guess since then we've been like siblings to each other" 

The two fell silent for a bit. Evan cleared his throat. "Y-you won't tell anyone will you?" with uncertainty in his eyes. "Yea I won't, just-just don't hurt her. She's already been through a lot." Evan half-heartedly said "Wouldn't dream of it. I wouldn't want to end up like Yaxley." Reg chuckled a bit as Evan left. 

****

Rory sat in her bed while going over the events today. She started overthinking the possibilities of befriending Evan. What if he turned out like Yaxley? What if he told people her secret? No, she tried not to think about it too much so she turned her attention to her grandmother's ring. It was a beautiful silver ring with four violets on it. On the inside were her initials, Lysandra Kendra Iolanthe Peverall. Her grandmother was orphaned when she was young but her parents gifted her the ring. She never knew her parents but knew her middle names belonged to her mother and grandmother on her dad's side. Rory's middle name was Iolanthe which means violet flower, hence the ring. She missed her so much. Rory softly kissed the ring before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

 Rory softly kissed the ring before drifting off into a dreamless sleep

^^^ the ring

____________

wow lots of confessions happening