*Diagon Ally!*

August 11th, 1992

Today the family was going to Diagon Alley to get their supplies. They all met up at the Burrow and got ready to use floo. Only Harry didn't know how to use it. Fred and George went first to show Harry how to do it, but he still seemed a bit puzzled. Ron and Lily tried to explain to him, but it only made him more anxious. At last, he took a pinch of floor powder and threw it into the fire, but her didn't say DIAGON ALLEY!, he said DIAGONALLY! Rory groaned, knowing he'd be someplace else. They all went through the fireplace and tried to search for Harry in the busy street.

After a while, they found him with Hagrid and Hermione. "Thank goodness Harry! I'm glad you didn't end up else where! Thank you Hagrid!" Rory said to the half-giant. He smiled at her, while Molly panicked over him. It was decided that Rory would take Ginny and Cody to get their supplies. Knowing Molly would never allow money from Rory, she suggested that Ginny could use Tina's robes, since she was more careful with them, so they were almost brand new. Molly and Ginny liked the offer so that was one thing they didn't have to pay for. Molly told Rory to get second-hand items for Ginny, but Rory would not have them. Instead, she secretly bought Ginny new items, buying one book second-handed as 'proof'. Later Rory would say it was the least she could do for paying back their hospitality from 20 years ago. 

They all met up at flourish and Botts to get the Lockhart books Rory thought were Rubbish. She and Evan held hands together as they entered the book store which also happened to be the time Gilderoy was doing a book signing. Rory groaned to Evan, but he just pushed her in, since the kids were already inside. They stood near the side where Molly had saved them spots. A blond wizard wearing a shade of forget-me-not blue robes was walking up to the front, a photographer closely snapping photos behind him. Rory saw the photographer step on Ron's foot, which led Ron to say something. 

Lockhart heard and turned to Ron, then Harry to Rory's dismay. He made a fuss over Harry, posing with him, gifting him free books, then announcing that he was going to be the new DADA teacher. Harry had tried to get out of his grip about a dozen times, which led him over to the Weasleys. "I suggest you leave Harry alone Lockhart," Rory said after seeing her godson struggle. The blond man immediately let go of Harry, who was grateful that he could now feel his fingers. Lockhart seemed to be surprised for a minute or so before he put his 'dazzling' smile back on. "Rory! What a pleasant surprise! I haven't seen you since- well anyways, how would you like to accompany me to dinner perhaps tonight?" Evan wasn't even jealous, instead, he almost pitied the man who would be getting a bad reply.   

Rory kept a straight face on, "I have plans with my husband tonight, and anyway I have no desire to go to dinner with you." Evan wrapped an arm around her showing that he was the husband. Gilderoy went shocked for a bit. "This is your husband? How long have you been married?" He seemed to have forgotten his professionalism. Rory looked over to Evan with mischief in her eyes. "14 years, about the same time it took me to poison you the first time since you were born." Lockhart froze in horror as he recalled the memory. Evan and Reg snorted from the side, not bothering to cover it. Lockhart was trying to think quickly of what to say, "Well back then I was inexperienced, but now I'm so much better. My hair is smoother, my looks are sharper, I've achieved more than anyone in this room," the list seemed to be going on and on. Rory sighed and said, "Feed your own ego, I'm busy." And led her laughing husband and son to the entrance of the store. "Someone should really put a warning label on him," she mumbled to which Evan laughed harder. 

They stopped when they saw The Malfoys and Authur glaring at each other. They quickly walked over to them as Lucius taunted Authur for not being paid enough. He reached into Ginny's cauldron and took the single second-hand book that Rory got as a decoy. "Dear me, what's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?" Malfoy said. Evan spoke up, "We have a very different idea of what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy." He turned to the Rosiers. Malfoy gave a smirk, "And I assume you have much experience of it?" Evan glared at him. "Not at all. Just doing what is right. Say, how is your sister-in-law doing? I hear Azkaban is doing good for her." Lucius's face turned into a sneer. He turned his attention back at Authur, "The company you keep, Weasley,... and I thought your family could sink no lower-" he said while eyeing the Grangers. Authur threw himself onto Malfoy, knocking him over. It was hard to see what was going on, but books were flying everywhere. Hagrid had come out of nowhere and broke the two apart. Authur had a cut lip and Malfoy had his eyes hit. "Here girl- take your book- It's the best your father can give you." He said while tossing the book into Ginny's cauldron. They left the store, the rest of them following later. 

"A fine example to set to your children, brawling in public! What Gilderoy Lockhart would've said!" Molly said as Rory rolled her eyes. Regulus spoke up, "But aunt Molly, you should have seen the way he tried to take mum out for dinner, well poor bloke. No one can win against mum!" He complimented. Rory felt pride and kissed her son's head.