36|Zoo

Theo was driving me to the abandoned zoo where we would meet with Mason to see if he got the supplies with Liam.

I picked up my phone as Theo put his truck in park at the parking lot of the abandoned zoo.

I dialed Mason's number to see if Nolan was following him.

"Did it work?" I asked as I shifted in Theo's truck slightly.

"Yup, Nolan's right behind us. Like, literally right behind us." Mason spoke from the other side of the line. "He's driving a bright red car."

"He's actually terrible at this." Liam spoke.

"Okay, just be careful, both of you." I said as I turned around to see Theo tapping on the steering wheel impatiently.

"Okay." Mason said before he hung up.

•••

After a few seconds of total awkwardness of being in a car stuck with Theo, Mason and Liam had pulled up in Lydia's car. I got out of Theo's truck, shut the door behind me and walked over to Lydia's car.

"Hey, how close is he?" I asked referring to Nolan.

"He's back down the road. Don't look." Liam said from the passengers seat.

Theo walked over to the back of Lydia's car to get the supplies.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go?" Liam asked me as he looked at Theo from the back window.

Obviously Liam and Theo were still pissing each other off. Liam really didn't trust Theo with me.

"Yes, I'll be fine." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Should I come with you guys?" Mason asked as a grin appeared on his lips.

Theo came into view.

"His friends shoot to kill. Go home." Theo said as he looked over at Mason and walked over to the zoo.

"Okay, yeah, Lydia will probably kill me if anything happened to her car." Mason said as he nodded.

"Anyways, so..." Liam said but I quickly cut him off knowing what he was going to say.

"Don't worry about it. Nolan's gonna do the rest." I said sending a small smile to both Mason and Liam before they left.

•••

Theo and I hid inside the zoo where we got a perfect view of outside to see if anyone showed up, later on Nolan showed up with two other men.

"Where are they?" One of those guys asked as he got his gun from the truck.

"Inside the Zoo. They're all here. It's not just the two of you, is it?" Nolan asked unsure.

"What do you mean 'just?'" The taller guy said.

"It's not just a pack, okay? There's an Alpha and a Banshee. They're all here." Nolan said his voice shaking.

"I don't see all of them." The taller one said. "I don't see anyone."

"I...I saw Theo and Daisy bringing a car full of food and supplies right here. There were atleast six sleeping bags, okay?" Nolan said as the older men eyes him.

"It's just Nolan and two other guys. This isn't gonna work." I whispered to Theo as we were crouched down listening into Nolan.

"Where's the backup?" Theo asked. "I mean, shouldn't there be like, twenty of them?"

"I mean, they only saw us, and they most likely will not believe Nolan." I said .

"Okay. Then they have to believe us. Isn't that right!" Theo said as he shouted the last part.