CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

Clara's POV

I can't eat, I can't sleep...I need her back home. This shouldn't have happened. We called the police, Patrick and friends. Well my grandparents did. Elijah was crying for hours then finally fell asleep from it. Marshall and Patrick tried talking to me but it was just like white noise. I couldn't speak, nothing came out.

"Clara! Clara!" I look up to see Lee walk in and looking around searching. I got up and ran to her, hugging her. In that instant I broke down, Lee held me. Held me for dear life. "It's okay honey, we will find her"

I look at her feeling myself calm down as her eyes show reassurance, then I feel a hand on my shoulder. When I turn around I see Jade looking at me and Bailey right behind. They both hug me, I can see in their eyes that they have bad news. It makes my stomach turn. "What happened?"

Bailey clears her throat, "Mark got out of prison...pretty he's the one that took her. The security has been wiped and the guards were unconscious"

I feel my heart ache, she could be dead for all we know. I feel myself getting light headed, Bailey holds me and then takes me to sit. Lee sits next to me and holds my hand. Tears brimming.

"WHERE IS SHE?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHES MISSING?!" I hear a familiar voice shouting, then I see Francesca walk in with tears down her face and anger. Marco walks up to her and grabs her arm but Fran rips it off and looks at me. "What happened? Where is she?" Her voice coming off shaken.

Lee beat me to it and told her everything, I watched as Fran and Marcos emotions changed. "She has to be okay. We need to find her!"

"Franny calm down" Marco says but I can tell he looks hurt.

"Daddy?" We all become silent, I turn around to see Elijah with his teddy. He looks at us, then walks to me. I pick him up and hold him.

———

A week. A week without her and it feels like it's been forever. We haven't heard any type of news, nothing. My parents and Tyler's have been with us through out. All I can think about is if she is still alive...I don't know what Mark could end up doing! Nor that psycho Rachel. I just know that she is involved too. I'm currently at home in the living room, my mum keeps telling I need to sleep but it's not important. A couple of hours is enough for me.

Eli hasn't been his self since, he sleeps in my bed and  doesn't do what he used to do. Even Rocky is being effected. They both just seem sad, I don't blame them. I've been trying to be strong for Eli and my family. My aunt has been at my side throughout  followed by Jade and Lee. I hear a knock on the door and Marco gets up to answer it. Shortly after I see Hannah walk in and my anger rises, I stand up and was about to launch at her but Bailey held me back.

"You said we would be safe!"

Her head hangs low, "I'm sorry Clara...we are doing all we can for find her" I can hear the pain in her voice. I turn around and sit back down, my head falling onto my hands.

Someone clears there throat, "Guys...I just got sent an email. You have to watch it" It's Nat, when I look up she looks scared and red eyes from crying. Lee stands up and grabs the laptop. She puts it on the table and we see there's five attachments. It's videos. The subject of the email says; A MOVIE.

Each video is named, Monday to Friday. Lee clicks on Monday. I see Tyler in it, a room. No windows, it's grey. Her face is bruised, I see her wrists are chained to the wall. In the video there's no sound. But it's clear footage. A man who I soon recognise at Mark walks towards her. Two other guys behind him. I hear gasps around me but I just focus on the video. They seem to be talking, Tyler looks calm but in pain...then I see something that makes my blood run cold. Mark...he starts punching her. It's like they are avoiding the face because it's already been damaged.