CHAPTER FOURTY-FIVE

Tyler's POV

I'm so hungover...I feel half dead. The amount of drinking we did left half of us blacked out. Apparently Clara called Marco to help us get home, I don't remember anything. It's Monday and I still have a killer headache. Lee decided to have drinks on Sunday, we went a little overboard so that plus Saturday night was lethal.

I'm currently in my office trying to complete some work, we made plans with Xavier and Thea so that we can visit Elijah every other day. We were FaceTiming him all weekend, and this morning we hung out with him but then Xavier picked him up before we went off for work. I miss him already.

I sigh and try to focus on my work, I'm wearing sunglasses as it's too bright in my office. "How can you see what your doing with that on?" Terry asks laughing.

"Dude, it helps...now go"

"You all look dead. The queen is killing everyone in her path you know?"

"I don't blame her. You should watch out for Lee..."

"Why?"

"Just watch out"

I look back down at my work and feel my headache pounding, I grab some tablets and water then chug it down. "Ty, you had one job!" Clara storms in and throws the papers on my desk, "Why the hell isn't this done?!"

"Get out"

"What?!"

"I SAID GET OUT OF MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW!" I stand up, looking at her with anger. She looks at me with shock and then walks towards my desk. I slam my hands on my desk and lean forward, she does the same. "I'll send them off when I can! Do. not. rush. me!"

"You do what I say. Do it now!"

"If I do it now then everything will be fucked! I have bigger things to sort out"

Her jaw clenched then we hear a voice. "If you two don't stop, then I'll rip your balls off Ty. And I'll slice your tits off Clara. Don't try me. I'll smash both your heads in...either fuck it out or both fuck off" Lee says with anger.

I shake a little at her tone and sit back down on my chair. Clara stares me down and then backs off. We turn to see Terry who is looking scared and Lee holding a tray of smoothies?

"Take one, it will help with the hangover" She says and I grab one. As I take sips of it, I nearly throw up.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!"

"Your mum." She says with a locked jaw, "Now drink it or else your going to feel like shit all day" I nod and keep drinking. I watch as Clara drinks it with ease, I raise my brow but she just shrugs.

They both leave and Terry eventually leaves too. I try to relax and complete the work. Once I've done the most important ones I feel myself getting sleepy and my head falls onto the desk. I close my eyes and let everything take me.

———

"Tyler"

Not again

"Ty"

Please lor-

"TY! It's about Clara! WAKE UP!"

My eyes flew open and I sat up immediately, I see a worried looking Natalie. "What's wrong Nat?"

"She's missing, she said was going to get lunch from downstairs and then she didn't come back. I was gonna go for her but she insisted as I had a lot of work. I I I don't know what happened! Security said she left the building and didn't come back. She was tired! Like really tired all of a sudden, that's why I said I'll go for her but she left." I stand up and catch her as she breaks down in my arms.