CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Clara's POV

The past couple of days Tyler has been acting weird. Being at my grandparents has been good, I see Elijah and my grandfather have been very close. I and my grandmother have been the best. But Tyler. Well she has been either working in the room, reading in the library or working out with my grandfather. I feel like she's hiding something but I can't tell. I let it slip and just enjoy the time we have.

Patrick has given us small updates. It seems as if he is close to finding Mark but just as he is about to catch him, he slips through his fingers. Working from home, well from my grandparents house, has been peaceful. I've heard nonstop of mystical beings, Gods, magic and more. It's like I'm back to when I was a kid and they would tell us stories. I can tell Tyler is enjoying the stories and history, I'm not surprised that she believes all of this.

As I finish up some emails, I walk downstairs to hear whispers. It's only I and Tyler here. The others are in the park.

"Don't think I won't find you!...What what! Just leave us alone...NO! I won't do it!"

She ends the phone and walks away, I stay hidden behind the wall then check to see where she went.

"Spying are we?" She says in-front of me. I scream, my heart pumping fast as she looks at me with a smirk. But her usual sparkle in her eyes are dim. I calm down then place my hand on her cheek, caressing it and tracing my thumb on that beautiful scar on her lip. I go on my tip toes and capture her lips, feeling the familiar butterflies in my stomach. We move slowly, passionately. I can feel her, I can feel her in pain. Then I feel wetness on my cheek. We disconnect and I see the tears flowing.

"Baby what's wrong? Who were you arguing with?" I say quietly, but wrap my arms around her neck and hug her. She sighs. Then peels me off her and grabs my hand, pulling me to another room. The music room.

Once we get in she sits me down and looks at me, I can feel in my gut that something is wrong. She sighs once again, "We need to break up." I can feel it being a lie. So I just look at her confused. I hold her hands and lift her chin up.

"Look at me and say it"

"I- I...we need to break up." She says through gritted teeth. To say I'm not hurt would be a lie but I know there's something more to this. I don't want to lash out. I need to dig deeper. Then something came to my head. I'm not stupid.

"Tyler. Give me your phone" I tell her calmly, she looks shocked yet like she is fighting mentally.

"I can't. I really can't. I love you. But we need to break up." Tyler says again, this time her voice shaky.

"I love you too. Now give me your phone. As friends." She looks at me even more confused as I smile lightly. She must thinks I'm crazy. "Yeah yeah we've broken up now, so it's no harm into showing it to me" She scratches the back of her head...almost like she is thinking hard. Then I see it. The sparkle, she smirks and passes it to me.

I see the messages. Threats. All from Mark. One that shocked me the most. "End it with her and I won't hurt her or the child. Don't think to tell her. Or else I'll find out. Trust me." I read aloud. I look up to see Tyler looking nervous. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I love you and Eli too much. He got away from a mafia leader. I'm sure he is capable of much more." The pain in her voice was evident. I hug her tightly, all I feel is safety and love.

"According to everyone. We have broken up, okay? But between me and you, we are basically married" I say then wink and walk out the room. I instantly call someone I'm sure that can help. Well more like three people and their boss.

———

I wait patiently until they come, it's been two days since I spoke to them and they said they will take a plane here. I'm excited in a way, except for seeing a certain annoying human-