Despite his youthful appearance and playful demeanor, he was also incredibly intelligent and perceptive. He had a deep understanding of the world and a thoughtful approach to life that was both refreshing and inspiring.

As the evening wore on, the man's goofy nature continued to shine through, making everyone around him feel comfortable and happy. His baby face, bright blue eyes, and chiseled jawline were striking, but it was his kind heart and playful spirit that truly set him apart.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group chatted among themselves about work and other topics, occasionally including me in their conversations.

                           °×°×°×°

Stick like toffee, sip like coffee

Wake up, change your mind and drop me

Love to hate me, crazy, shady

Spit me out like hot wasabi

Lick me up, I'm sweet and salty

Mix it up and down my body

Love to hate me, praise me, shame me

Either way, you talk about me

I was suddenly startled by the sound of my name being shouted in an angry tone. "Niyaaaaa," Riya yelled, her eyes narrowed in frustration as she glared at me.

Confused and a little scared, I asked her "What?" in an uncertain voice. My heart was racing as I tried to figure out what I had done wrong. Had I broken something without realizing it? Had I said something offensive without intending to?

To my relief, Riya's anger had nothing to do with something serious that I had done. Instead, she scolded me for singing inappropriate songs with the kids around. 

"What the heck are you singing? There are four kids in this house, you can't sing such songs," she said, her voice stern as she sat down beside me and grabbed one of my headphones.

As we listened to Wasabi together, Riya asked "Is this Little Mix? I didn't know you liked them," 

"I absolutely adore them! They're my favorite girl group," I exclaimed, unable to contain my excitement. Riya just laughed.

"You know, Niya, I wish we could have grown up together, singing and doing all the sibling things that sisters are supposed to do. I had Sam, but he wasn't into girly stuff" Riya said with a chuckle. 

"I feel the same way, Di," I replied, hugging her tightly.

"You know, Niya, Sam misses you a lot. He used to call me every day and tell me all about his life," she chuckled.

"And Iris wants you to visit her because they both miss you so much," she said with a warm smile.

But the smile on her face vanished when I asked, "What about dad? Di?"

"I'm sorry, Niya. He loves you, it's just that he's angry because you were hidden and he can't express that anger to mom, so he takes it out on you," she said, trying to console me.

"I understand, Di," I said, tears starting to well up in my eyes.

My parents both turned a blind eye to me, choosing to avoid any potential conflict. Mom ignored me because she remembered something Dad said on the day she found out she was pregnant with me.

And because he didn't want to feel guilty, Dad acted like I didn't even exist. My entire life, I have felt unwanted and unimportant, and I long for the day when I will find someone who truly wants me and accepts me for who I am.

We stayed up talking until midnight, discussing all kinds of topics. Riya told me about how Xander and Liam were the fathers of her kids and I was absolutely livid with those two imbeciles.

How could they treat her so poorly? But after hearing her story, I couldn't bring myself to criticize her for having two partners. So we said our goodbyes and she went to check on Dean and Nydia

It was almost 2 a.m. and my stomach was rumbling, so I decided to go down to the kitchen to see if I could find something to satisfy my hunger. 

As I reached for the fridge door, a voice shocked me, "What are you doing here at this time?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin and spun around to face Cedric. "I was just hungry and came down to see if there was anything I could eat," I explained, trying to keep my voice steady despite the fear that was coursing through my veins. My heart was pounding like a drum in my chest.

"OK, there are some cupcakes in that upper cabinet," he said as he turned and walked away.

Weirdo!

I wanted to ask him what his problem was, but I was afraid to be alone with him in the kitchen. What if he decided to attack me? And how did he even get here at this time of night?

This dude is strange. I opened the cabinet and grabbed the cupcakes, trying to shake off the feeling that something about him seemed familiar. I'll have to think about it more later. For now, I finished off my cupcake and headed back to bed.

____________________
------------------------------
Author's Note:-

Dear readers,

I just wanted to let you know that this chapter has been edited since its original posting.

I hope the changes have improved your reading experience and made the story more enjoyable.

As always, thank you for your support and for taking the time to read my work

If any mistakes please let me know

And please do vote

Thank you❣️

❣️🕊️PEACE🕊️❣️