5 years later...

Me and Ace were still living in castle rock. We were now fiancé's. He had proposed to me by the lake where we had our first got to know each other. It was so romantic.

We are now 24 years old. Scarlett is now four and in a months time turning five years old. God how time flys fast. I can't believe my little baby is five years old already!

And now we're expecting another baby! A little boy this time. He's not due for another five months. Me and Ace can't wait to have our little family competed.
Me, Ace, Scarlett and our little baby boy.

Me and Chris remained best friends. He had made up with Ace and were frenemies. He was now a lawyer.
I read in the papers last week that Chris was at a fast food restaurant and he was trying to break up a fight but ended up getting stabbed. He died nearly instantly. I was heartbroken. Distraught. Words couldn't process how I felt.
His funeral is scheduled for next week. I missed him dearly.

Teddy and I remained friends but didn't talk to regularly. He apparently tried to join up into the army but he didn't get in.

Gordie and me were so close. Especially after Chris's death. It destroyed both me and him. But we are there for another when we need it. He married just last month and Chris was his best man.

Vern. The last time I had seen Vern was when I introduced him to Scarlett. I hadn't seen him since. From what Gordie told me, he was now married and had four kids. Didn't really expect that from Vern.

Georgia was now 21 years old. She moved out of the family home a couple of months ago in with her boyfriend Noah. Their getting on very well and he's a nice lad.

I visit father every Sunday with Scarlett and Ace (sometimes.) He bonds so nicely with Scarlett. And I can't wait for him to bond with the little one that's on the way.

Eyeball and me are still best friends also. He was distraught when he found out Chris had been murdered. He'd been having mental health issues surrounding Chris's death and has been getting counselling for it. Bless Eyeball's heart.

I knew one thing about this baby. He is going to be named Christopher Richard Merrill. After the two people who I love most in this world (apart from Ace, Scarlett and our little prince obviously!)
Only a couple of weeks ago I found out that Eyeball's real name is Richard and Ace's is John?! Eyeball doesn't mind it if I call him Richard. I call him Ritchie for short and with Ace he doesn't like being called John by anyone but its okay if I call him that.

To me Ace Merrill will always be Ace Merrill to me. The bad boy I had fallen in love with...