Tow George Stephanopoulos

Start from the beginning

Ross looked at the hockey tickets for a second time.

"Oh, my god. Is today the twentieth? October twentieth?" He asked.

"I was hoping you wouldn't remember." Monica said sympathetically.

"What's wrong with the twentieth?" Joey asked confused.

"Eleven days before halloween all the good costumes are gone?" Chandler joked.

"Today's the day Carol and I first consummated our physical relationship." Ross answered Joey's previous question.

Joey still looked confused so Ashley whispered in his ear to help him out.

"oh." he finally understood.

"You know, i'd better pass on the game i think i'm just gonna go home and think about my ex-wife and her lesbian lover." Ross said looking very glum.

Joeys face instantly lit up "To hell with hockey. let's all do that."

"Come on ross." Chandler tried to persuade him. "You, me, Joey, ice, guys night out."

Chandler took it upon himself to pretend to punch Ross in the stomach several times while saying "Come on, what do you say, big guy."

"What are you doing?" Ross asked referencing the fake punches he was receiving.

"I have no idea." Chandler said.

"Come on, ross." It was Joey's turn to persuade.

"all right, all right." Ross finally gave in. "Maybe it will take my mind of it. Do you promise to buy me a big foam finger?"

"You got it!" Joey agreed.

"look, look , look" Rachel chanted from the back of the coffee house. "My first pay check."

The group cheered for her.

Rachel had got herself a job in the coffee shop while Ashley got one in a the laundromat that was down the street from their apartment complex. This was apart of their whole independence thing.

"Look at the window. There's my name." Rachel pointed to where her name had been printed on the enevelope.

"I remember the day I got my first pay check. There was a cave-in in one of the mines and eight people were killed." Phoebe said

"Wow, you worked in a mine?" Monica asked.

"No, I worked in a diary queen. Why?" Phoebe answered as if it was obvious.

"Just the way you phrased it, sweetie." Ashley said to the blonde.

"Oh! isnt this exciting?" Rachel said excitedly. "I earned this. I wiped tables for it. I steamed milk for it. And it was totally not worth it." Rachel's face immediately dropped. "Who's Fica? Why's he getting all my money? Chandler look at that."

Rachel handed the pay check to him.

"Oh. This is not that bad." He lied