13

I groan as I hear the door creak open. I don't bother looking away from the window.

"Hey. Darling please."

"Not your darling, Kenji." My voice practically hissed out his name.

"I'm doing this to protect you! Please!" I roll my eyes and look towards him.

"Really? I get that a whole MONTH ago there were men who tried to kidnap me-"

"They did kidnap you" He interrupts

"Don't interrupt me. Anyway, so they did kidnap me. Okay, and I'm fine. Yes it was scary, yes it was traumatic, but this is too! Ever thought of that?!" I nearly yelled the last part.

"I'm protecting you!!"

"No, you aren't!!"

"You didn't see what I did!" He grabs my shoulders, looking at me half panicked and half pissed.

"Really? What did you see that was oh so terrible?" I look at him, not breaking eye contact.

I mean, I am curious. I do know he's got good intentions. I hope so. But really, I want to live my life.

"Photos! Of you! All over the place." he breathes and sits down across from me. "You were crossed out in them, knives were through them."

I flinched, his tone was serious but sad.

"Really?" I don't know if I can believe him, I mean he might just be saying it to scare me.

"Really", he looks down at the floor.

No.

That doesn't seem right. I think he is lying. I mean, really. This is to cliche.

"Okay. Well, I'm really tired so I'm going to go to bed, good night." I usher him out the door and lock it behind me. I walk back over and stare out the window.

I really want to believe him, truly. It just seems weird.

Honestly, this whole thing seems weird. Like the WHOLE thing. Not just this, but from the start. I guess part of me just wants that romance adventure, but I'm getting this annoying crap instead. Getting pulled around by a mafia leader, being saved by another, finding out the 'hero' mafia leader will protect me. Getting a whole ass room for free, accompanied by food, clothes, and a hot man who tends to my every need. Maybe Kenji is just worried. Maybe.

Maybe I'm overreacting and I can talk it out with him. He probably just thinks that I want to go to school and- uh... I don't know, get kidnapped again...?

Anyway. I think I should give him a chance. I mean, I haven't had a genuine conversation with him in over a week, yet he still comes to my room every day to try to talk. He always asks about what I had eaten and other things. I feel bad now that I realize I was being pretty cruel.

My thoughts get interrupted by a sudden knock on my window. I looked around and under a streetlight was a figure. He threw, what I'm guessing was a rock, at my window again. I flinch before opening the window. I'm high enough that the idea of jumping out isn't considered, so that's why Kenji didn't block them. Dumb.

I lean to get a better look. It's probably MinHyuk or Lev. They visit me a lot. The only people I really talk to face to face. Zahra came a few times but she had to go on a trip for work. I think her job was modeling and I guess she's famous. Alia scored. I saw her before she left. She said Alia was going with her, I guess their relationship has improved. Alia knows I'm here, but I don't think she knows I want to leave. None of them do. I couldn't bring myself to tell them.