Chapter Twenty Seven

In this story Lana never got pregnant with Dr Thredson's baby, which is why that hasn't been talked about.

Reader's POV:

"Pregnant?" My voice was barely above a whisper as I questioned the doctor, wondering if I'd heard her correctly, hoping I hadn't. Was my mind playing tricks on me? But then the small nod of her head confirmed it for me. No, this isn't happening. "No.. I can't be.." I muttered to myself, refusing to believe that monster had gotten me pregnant.

Her eyes flickered between me and Lana, and I could tell what she was thinking, or rather assuming. She thought I'd cheated on Lana, which is probably why she only wanted to speak to me; she felt uncomfortable having to announce my dirty little secret in front of my girlfriend. If only she knew, but I wasn't going to tell her. I'd rather her think I'd cheated than to know the truth, it was so much easier that way.

"I take it you had no idea..?" She asked, concern seeping through her voice, judgmental eyes focused on me now. Maybe I was being paranoid.

I scoffed, giving her an 'are you serious?' look. "Does this look like the face of someone who had any idea that she was pregnant?" My voice rose a little despite my dry throat, and the nauseating feeling inside my stomach. I shouldn't take it out on her though, it's not her fault I was stupid enough to get raped.. and pregnant.

"I know this has probably come as a bit of a shock to you, but you have plenty of time to decide what you want to do.. I can send someone to talk to you about your options if you'd like?"

"I already know what I want to do.. I want an abortion!" I'd probably said the word abortion loud enough that the entire hospital had heard, but right now I didn't care.

It was Lana who spoke next, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. "Maybe you should think about this.." I retracted my hand from her grasp, refusing to look at her because I couldn't bare to see the disappointment in her eyes.

"No.. I want an abortion." My own eyes flooded with tears and I quickly wiped at them before they had a chance to reveal themselves. "Right now! I just want it gone!"

♡ ♡ ♡

Lana's POV:

After leaving the hospital, neither one of us had the courage to address the elephant in the room, or rather the baby. The doctor refused to give her an abortion because y/n was hysterical and not thinking straight; but I know y/n better than anyone and her mind was set on having an abortion. Of course I didn't blame her. How could I? Why should she have to carry a child put there by the man who raped her? I could only imagine what she was going through. If the roles were reversed, and I had fallen pregnant with Dr Thredson's baby, what would I have done? How different would my life be if that had happened and I'd chosen to keep it?

"How are you feeling?" I asked as we entered y/n's apartment. She looked like a lost puppy, like she didn't know what to do, standing by the doorway, eyes just staring off into space. She'd barely even looked at me at all.

"I'm going for a lie down." She stated, words void of any kind of emotion.

I watched helpless as she staggered towards her bedroom, like just the simple task of walking was exhausting for her. I opened my mouth to say something but before my brain had a chance to search for the most appropriate response, her bedroom door slammed shut.