Chapter Four

Reader's POV:

Her house was huge, like something out of a magazine; which I guess you'd expect from a celebrity. She led me in to what looked like the living room and told me to make myself at home whilst she went to make us both a hot chocolate.

In the few minutes she was gone I decided to do a little exploring and wandered around her living room. Pictures of her and what I suspected to be her family were placed neatly on the mantle above the fireplace. Her tv was placed in the corner accompanied by a small stereo. In another corner was a shelf full of books and I wandered over in awe as I spotted her book. Maniac: One Woman's Story of Survival. The book that she won an award for. I picked it up flicking through the pages, stopping to silently read an extract from the book, a soft albeit sad smile gracing my features; "20 minutes? 20 hours? 20 days? In a windowless room without a clock, time felt like a luxury I couldn't afford." I'd already read the book twice and would happily read it again. The things she went through, the way she wrote about her most personal experiences. Such an inspirational woman. Her book changed my life completely; not to sound overly dramatic or anything.

Suddenly breaking me from my thoughts a hand caressed my back and I jumped slightly. I turned and was met with a smirk from Lana, handing me a steaming mug of hot chocolate.

"Sorry I was just-" I stammered, placing the book back in its rightful place; feeling kind of flustered that she caught me snooping.

"There's no need to apologise, darling." I smiled taking the hot chocolate from her, wrapping my hands around the warm mug and thanking her.

"Do you read?" She asked as we both sipped our hot chocolate.

My body instantly began to warm as the hot liquid ran down my throat and I nodded. "Yeah, I love to read," I paused for a second contemplating whether to mention her book or not, she caught me looking at it so I may as well. "I uhm.. I've read your book twice." I mumbled nervously into my mug before taking another sip.

"And..?" I could see her cheeks redden a little, I was unsure whether that was down to the warm drink or because she was nervous about what my answer might be.

"Well, I never read a book more than once." I said, giving her some indication on what my opinion was of her book. She seemed to relax a little, taking a sip of her hot chocolate, and I noticed her smile into her mug. "You're amazing," I felt myself staring at her but couldn't bring myself to tare my eyes away. "Everything you went through, you're so brave." The both of us now moved to sit on the sofa, and she placed her mug on the table before crossing her legs and turning to face me.

"Well you never know how strong you are.." I smiled when I realised she was quoting from her book.

"Until being strong is the only choice you have." I joined in, a stupid grin plastered on my face. The sound of our chuckle filled the room and I glanced over at her, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink as she chewed on her bottom lip. A comfortable silence fell over us as we both just stared at one another. Matching smiles present on our faces. It had been a long time since I felt this comfortable with anybody. I was usually always overthinking things; ridden with anxiety, but all that seemed to evaporate when I was around her.

"I've had a really nice night tonight." I lent against the sofa and she smiled softly at me. "It's been ages since I've laughed like that." That statement couldn't have been more true. I honestly couldn't remember the last time I'd laughed or smiled and genuinely meant it.

Lana moved closer to me, resting her head on her hand. "Me too. I haven't been this happy in a long time." She paused for a split second before carrying on. "I find it really hard to trust people or let people in, but not with you." I completely understood why she would have a hard time trusting people after everything she had to endure in that god awful place. So my heart warmed at the mention of her being able trust me and let me in, because I felt the exact same way.

Suddenly the sofa shifted beneath us as the brunette leant forward. Her warm breath ghosted over my face before her lips pressed gently against mine, catching me off guard a little. It took me a couple of seconds to move my lips against hers but when I did it felt like a million fireworks going off inside me. I had dreamt about this moment so many times, not to sound like a creep or anything. It was definitely as I had imagined, better even.

Before I knew it, I was laying down, bringing Lana with me; our lips still attached to one another. Her hands began to travel down my sides and I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my throat at the ticklish sensation. She gently bit down on my lower lip before letting it go with a pop, smiling down at me.

Neither of us spoke, just gazed at one another. I think we were both still a little consumed with alcohol, I know I was. Her face became more serious now as she nibbled on her bottom lip; something she did all too often and I kid you not it was making me feel a certain kind of way. Her hands that were resting on my stomach now moved to undo the buttons on my shirt and I couldn't help but grab her hands, halting her actions as the nerves; that I thought were long gone, decided to make a come back. I'd never actually been with a woman like this before. Yeah sure I'd experimented with friends back in my early teenage years but this was totally different.

Her eyes met mine, full of concern. "We don't have to.."

I shook my head, "It's not that." My gaze dropped to our entwined hands, feeling slightly embarrassed. "It's just that I've never," I paused thinking how to word the next bit. "I've only ever had boyfriends, I mean I experimented with girls when I was younger but I was only like thirteen so that doesn't really count but I.." I felt myself rambling on and Lana cut me off before I could ramble any further.

"Is this your first time with a woman?" I nodded sheepishly, feeling a tad self conscious. That feeling soon dissolved when I saw the look on her face. Her fingertips gently glided along my jaw line, stopping underneath my chin. She leant down brushing her lips lightly against mine.

"If you feel uncomfortable at any time or want to stop just let me know, ok?" She sounded more serious as her eyes searched mine. I doubted I would ever feel uncomfortable with her but I nodded anyway as her hands resumed their earlier actions and continued undoing the buttons on my shirt.

Sorry to leave you hanging guys. 😉
Please comment and let me know your thoughts. I'm open to any constructive criticism, and if you have any ideas for future chapters please let me know.
~T ~