CH23: The Date Plan

Start from the beginning

🎵🎨I served you candlelight dinners
some breakfast in bed
took your heart to be with mine so it wouldn't feel lonely and dead
Love makes me treat you the way that I do
Gee baby ain't I good to you?🎨🎵

Mystic came up to The Devil, singing to him as she circles him around his table. He eyed her every movement. His stare was like an arrow to pull her into him. In fact, his tail coiled her ankle and pulled her onto his lap. She blushed as he did this but didn't stop her from finishing her last notes.

🎵🎨My soul and body is all for you
Gee baby ain't I good to you?🎨🎵

She was about to give him a kiss but he had her onto his lips rather than the forehead. The two were locked in place. Everyone was murmuring to one another but gave a clap to her performance. The Devil released her lips, having Mystic blink. She was truly red.

"You are wonderful, dear," The Devil complimented.

Mystic got off of him, backing up. "Th-thanks..." She walked away, leaving The Devil feeling confused.

"What's wrong? I can't give you a complement?!" The Devil got up, trying to follow her. He stopped himself, everyone started to whisper to one another again. He didn't want to make a scene, not like it was happening already. He vanished in a puff of smoke. King Dice watched it all go down.

"Doll? Ya okay?" King Dice asked as she headed backstage.

"I was kissed! By him! I don't know what to feel..." Mystic went to sit down on the stool by the vanity mirror. She was hiding her face.

"Now, darling, you'll be alright. I was going to give the Boss a good talkin' to."

"Please don't push him to be angry. Things are going so well, King Dice, Sir," Mystic begged, her face still red.

King Dice chuckled at her face being red. "Now, now, hun, you don't need to worry about anything between my boss and I."

"It's just that I have never been kissed like that before... It felt-"

"Nice?" Dice smirked.

Mystic yelped, feeling flustered. "No, no, no, I mean yes, I mean, OH UGH! I need to go to my room! I am sorry that I am like this!" Mystic hurried her way back to the hellish kingdom.

"Hmhmhm, looks like it's time for the king of hell and his princess to make up and be a thing~" King Dice laughed, excited to help The Devil out on what he wanted before; Make their romance and date work. If The Devil isn't so stubborn that is.

The Devil was on his throne, tapping his fingers on the armchairs. He was in his gigantic form. He saw Mystic dashing inside. "Mystic! You're here! Listen, what happened back there, I'm sorry. I just wanted to give you a nice surprise at the-" Mystic was too flustered to face him. The Devil reached for her before she could make it to her room within his. "What's the rush? Why are you red as a cherry again?"

"Please let me go! I just n-n-need to cool off!" She tried to struggle free but to no avail.

"Dearie, you are struggling all for nothing. Calm down, please and let's just t- OUCH!!" The Devil yelped at her, biting his hand. She fell on the ground, shaking before running off again. "YOU LITTLE!! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

A black hole appeared before him, Dice emerged from it. "Oh me, oh my, what happened?"

"That brat- she bit me!" The Devil kissed his finger, sucking on the bite mark.

"Why would she go do something like that?"

"She was panicking! I supposed that grabbing her wasn't the best option..."

"It definitely wasn't. Boss, I kept my eyes on you both for a while. I was thinking that maybe you two are ready."

"Ready? For what?"

Dice tilt his head, giving an expression to The Devil on what he was going on about.

"Oh? Wait, no. We just started a friendship date. I don't think we should be an actual thing yet!"

"Devil, it's been a while now and let me tell ya that a princess like her deserves such a king like you~"

"A princess? Hold the phone, are you saying that Mystic is a princess?!" The Devil shrinked back to his original height. "Why hasn't she introduced this info onto me?!"

"She said that it isn't so important to her. She didn't want to be pampered like some royal."

"She most certainly will be treated like a princess here! I am the king! What I say goes! Do I make myself clear?!" The Devil grabbed Dice's coat, his nose bumping against his.

"Of course, Boss! We follow what you say, heh heh. But Sir, I was thinking that you guys could just try dating but don't make it official until you both feel comfortable about it. It's how dates work."

"You know I am still new to this. So it's just a date. We aren't a thing? Good. I hate to push it onto her. I feel that she is upset with me from the performance earlier."

"Just gotta talk to her, Boss. Listen, I can help guide you. I said that I am here to help you however I can."

"You know, Dice? As much as you can be a good-for-nothing lackey, you are still my right hand man. As long as you know what you are doing, then I entrust you to help me to- woo her? Try to see if she will fall for me."

"Oh, trust me. I got ideas and tips to help you. Just follow my lead and you'll come out lookin' dapper as I," King Dice pulled both ends of his bow tie, his grin twinkling.

 Just follow my lead and you'll come out lookin' dapper as I," King Dice pulled both ends of his bow tie, his grin twinkling

//Here is the artwork for this chapter. Hehe, I do love how it came out X3//