Typhoid

Thank you my babyyy crumpled_paperballs 🥺🥺💖💖
____________________________________

<Hospital>
<5 pm>
Taehyung POV

"T-tete!" Jungkook muttered in his tiny voice when the needle pierced his arm. Squeezing my hand tightly, he hid his head in the crook of my neck ,since according to him,it was his safe place.

"Shh... Shh... It's over now" I mumbled in his ear, patting his head with the other hand. After filling the syringe midway, the nurse pulled out the needle and pressed a cotton swab on the site. Standing up from the chair, I took the cotton swab out and sticked a band-aid.

"When will the reports be ready?" I asked, now facing the nurse.

"It will be ready in an hour, doctor."

"Alright then, send it to me through email. I'm going back home" I said, holding Jungkook's hand who was then standing behind me.

Ok-"

"Doctor, there's an emergency case! Dr. Kim wants you to attend the patient" another nurse entered the lab, almost running out of breath.

"I'm on an off. Where's Dr. Lee?" I asked about the doctor who was appointed in my place.

"He's currently in the OT for an emergency surgery and there's no other doctor to attend the patient."

Though I didn't want to leave my boyfriend alone for even a split second, but patients are always a doctor's priority.

Jungkook was suffering from a high grade fever, vomiting and heavy tiredness since last few days. When over the counter medicines didn't work, I thought of getting him tested for possible infections.

Kookie, Being a hardcore hater of hospital related stuff , it was an ordeal to get him here. Sometimes I wonder if he leaves me saying that I give him shots!

"I'm coming. Open the cabin and make him lie on the bed, okay? Till then, I'll handle the case" I said to the nurse, giving her my cabin keys.

"Alright doctor."

"Kookie bub, sleep in the cabin for sometime, hm? I'll try to wind up the work quickly. If you need anything, just tell the nurse" I said softly,assuring that I would return soon.

"No... No hyungie... You must attend the patient. I'll be okay" he said, opposite to what he actually wanted. Sickness used to make him really clingy. I knew he didn't want me go anywhere, but my duty couldn't be ignored.

Striking his cheekbones lovingly, I left the lab after placing a kiss on his forehead.

<Time skip>

Two consecutive emergency cases kept me busy for one and a half hour. Taking longer and faster strides, I went inside my cabin. Jungkook was sleeping peacefully on the examination bed, his arched back facing me.
Curled up in a ball, his thumb was touching the partition of his pink lips as if he was sucking it like a baby. No doubt, he is the cutest boyfie of mine.

Tracing my hand down his spine, I patted his butt saying, "Koo~ let's go home, hun. You can sleep in the car."

When my deep voice reached his ears, he groaned, "Argh... I wanna sleep hyung!"

"Yeah, you can slee-" I stopped at the click sound of the doorknob, turning my gaze towards the door.

"Dr. Taehyung, here are the reports" the nurse said.

"Y-yeah yeah, give it to me" I said, grabbing the brown file. Sitting on the edge of the bed, I read the results thoroughly. And As I guessed, it actually came out as typhoid.