Not the only reason...

Seth's pov:

When I held her in my arms, she looked so gentle, so vulnerable, so.... innocent. She was really weak, because of the loss of blood and the drugs.

It was kind of disgusting, seeing the head ripped off so brutally but I was used to her brutal killings.

It was 8 pm and we were almost back home in Chicago. Thanks to the little tracker we hid in Angel's neck, we could find her location in Dallas, an old and abandoned farm in the middle of nowhere.

She was sleeping in the seat next to me. She was wearing a black shirt I brought with us. We changed her bloodied shirt when we were having a break. You could see she was stronger, but still not the same as before. Then I looked in the front mirror.The boys were a little sleepy and were talking about food. Their typical behaviour ...

After a couple of hours we reached home. Aiden was the first who got out of the car, then James and Jack. They immediately ran inside. I got out of the car and went to the passenger's door. I opened it, unbuckled Angel's belt and picked her up bridal style. I closed the door and felt her trying to get closer to me.

Angel's pov:

I felt a warm hand under my legs and another hand around my back. I felt myself getting lift up gently. I felt the same as when Seth held me in Dallas: safe. I tried getting closer to his warmth, but couldn't get any closer. I lost a lot of blood, but was already getting stronger. Not strong enough to run but I probably was able to walk.

After a minute or two I felt something soft under me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Seth putting me in bed. He looked me in the eyes and let go of the blanket. He turned and walked to the door. Before he reached the door he stopped abruptly, turned around and walked back to me. He sat next to me on the bed and just looked at me. "Thanks for saving our lives" Before I could say anything he spoke again "You could have ran away and let us die... But you didn't. It was all my fault, when I arrived at the house they were already holding Amber, Eva and the boys , I tried to get them back but I couldn't do anything. I'm sorry..." Why would I run away? "It wasn't your fault, I should have known better and I was just doing my job..." But that was not the only reason... "That's not the only reason and you know it... I can see it in your eyes" I looked away and he sighed, got up and walked away. Before he was totally out of my sight I heard him say "Goodnight".

I just couldn't tell him the truth. Not jet...