Chapter 22 - "What are you doing?"

"Another curse?" Snow asked as they all stood together, and Atarah stood off to the side - she didn't fancy acting like she was one of them again. "It's happening again?"

"Gold, this curse, is it going to work like the last one?" Emma asked the man.

"The last one was created to service the Queen's wishes." Rumplestiltskin explained to the group. "This will be done per Pan's desire. And I would count on something hellish - even for you, Atarah." Atarah let out an annoyed sigh when everyone looked towards her.

"The curse was built to be unstoppable." Regina explained further. "There's nothing that can be done."

"Well, it is possible to stop it." Rumplestiltskin began slowly as he looked around the group.

"What?"

"By using the scroll itself." He continued. "It can only be undone by the person who used the scroll. That's you, Regina." Atarah began to chew on the inside of her lip nervously - she wasn't sure if she had made the right decision.

"What do I do?" Regina asked after a while in silence.

"You must destroy the scroll." Rumplestiltskin told her. "And both your curse and his shall be ended. But know this, there will be a price. A steep one."

"Isn't there always!" Atarah mused to herself softly.

"What do you suggest?" Regina asked the man.

Rumplestiltskin looked at them all for a few moments as he thought it over, and Atarah leant against a tree as she let out an annoyed and bored sigh. "Instead of going to him, bring him to us with a spell." He explained. "One that will return Pan and Henry to their own bodies."

At that second, Atarah let out a small shudder, she didn't know why so she simply ignored it. Unbeknownst to her, she had just felt Felix being killed by Pan for the curse he was about to enact out.

"If I'm back in my own body, that means I'll have the scroll." Henry said. "I can bring it to you guys."

"Exactly right, Henry." Rumplestiltskin told him.

"Even you aren't powerful enough to cast such a spell." Regina told Rumplestiltskin. Atarah knew she could probably do it, but it would take a lot out of her and she wasn't willing to be weak around these people - it wasn't worth it.

"Well, given the proper tool, I could be." Rumplestiltskin told them all with a light nod.

"The Black Fairy's wand." Tinker Bell said in realisation. "One of the most powerful fairies that ever existed. Well-versed in dark magic. The Blue fairy exiled her, but before she did, she took her wand." Atarah had heard of this fairy, but she had never really met her. When she was exiled Atarah was off elsewhere.

"I assume our dearly departed Mother Superior  had it hidden at her residence."

"Then what are we waiting for?" David questioned. "Let's hit the convent."

"Can I come?" Tinker Bell asked. "I should pay my respects to Blue after all."

Rumplestiltskin looked between the group for a moment. "Then it's settled." He spoke. "The rest of us should get back to my shop, and prepare Henry for the spell." He said, and just at that moment she spied the shadow up in the air, and she let out a small sigh. This was going to end badly, she just knew it.

•••

They had arrived at Rumplestiltskin's shop, and Atarah was looking around as Rumplestiltskin was doing something at his desk, and Snow and Emma were talking. She was beginning to think that maybe she shouldn't have involved herself, that she should've done something else. Especially since she could feel that the curse had already been activated - she could feel the curse. It was already here.

However, Regina and Belle came in with Henry, and her attention to her thoughts was pulled away. "You doing okay, kid?" Emma asked as she approached him, and Atarah crossed her arms over her chest tightly as she leant against a cupboard.

"Yeah!" Henry nodded. "I'm just ready to be me again."

"Not much longer now, Henry." Rumplestiltskin told him. "Not much longer. Once we have the wand, all will be as it should."

But her being part of a plan wasn't the only thing that made her rather nervous, because the wand situation was also. She knew the Black Fairies wand was powerful and well-versed in dark magic as Tinker Bell said. But she knew that there was a possibility that Peter had her wand - the wand of the Magenta Fairy, which is well-versed in magic.

She wasn't sure which wand would be the most powerful.

But she hadn't told anyone this, because there was only a small possibility that he had it. Only about 25% chance, so it wasn't that much of a big deal.

"She's back." David said as him, Neal, Hook and Tinker Bell entered the shop. "The Blue Fairy, and she gave us the wand."

"Do we need anything else?" Emma questioned.

"Only one more item." Rumplestiltskin told them as he opened his cupboard across the room and pulled out some sort of black bracelet thing. Atarah eyed it carefully.

"What is that?" Snow asked.

"This is one of the only useful things I managed to pilfer from Greg and Tamara before they left for Neverland." Rumplestiltskin explained to them all as he held it out. "It renders anyone with magic utterly powerless."

Atarah immediately brought her wrists to behind her back, she wasn't taking any chances. "I haven't forgotten about that, by the way." Regina said as she glared at her brother.

"May I see your wrist, Henry?" Rumplestiltskin asked.

Henry held his wrist out and Rumplestiltskin put the bracelet on his wrist. "I want to make sure that when my dear old dad awakes, that he's weakened." Rumplestiltskin explained and Atarah did a double take, as she widened her eyes. "This will block his powers."

Atarah was in a state of mild shock, Peter was Rumplestiltskin's father. He was Rumplestiltskin's father. She was beyond words for this revelation, how had she not known that Peter Pan was Rumplestiltskin's father? That seemed like a pretty important piece of information to have, especially since she was in love with him.

She was in love with Rumplestiltskin's father.

"So what happens now?" Henry asked, as Atarah tried to act neutral and natural.

"I enact the spell, you fall into a deep sleep, and when you awake, you're back in your own body." Rumplestiltskin explained to the boy simply.

"And then you hang on to that scroll!" Regina added in. "Then you come and find us as fast as you can." Neal went to hand Rumplestiltskin the wand they had acquired, but he stepped back.

"There's another thing we have to do before I do the spell though." Rumplestiltskin spoke up as he went behind his desk and held something tightly in his hands. Atarah frowned as everyone else looked at the man in confusion, and suddenly the man was in front of Atarah.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Making sure there are no surprises!" Rumplestiltskin replied as he blew a thick, red dust into her face. Atarah breathed it in and coughed violently, before she dropped to the floor, completely passed out. Hook approached his sister, and looked up at Rumplestiltskin.

"She said she was working with us!" Hook snapped angrily.

"I wasn't taking any chances." Rumplestiltskin replied. "She is, and will always be, loyal to Pan. She's in love with the monster, and I believe she'll do anything so that he could succeed in his plans. Even if it means double crossing us. Why would she work with us after we just tried to kill the love of her life?" He questioned. "It just makes no sense! It's not how Atarah Jones works, and we all know that!"