Dream gets right in his face, standing almost toe to toe, hand hovering over the cold metal handle of his sword. 

"This is my country Schlatt, just remember that." 

Schlatt doesn't even blink. Dream continues. 

"I can make you a king, I can give you everything, and you know that, because you wouldn't have come to me if I couldn't. Don't fuck up this opportunity, or you will find out what else I'm capably of." He snarls, pushing past a tense Schlatt and striding out the door.

He ends back up outside of L'manburg, eyeing up the eyesore that is those giant black walls, barricading his land. He really should of blown it up when he had the chance. 

Well, destroying it from the inside will be just as satisfying. 

He hears a sharp intake of breath, and someone's hurried footsteps scuffing over the damp grass. By the time he whips around he catches sight of her, coat tails flapping behind her as she tries to pretend like she never saw him. 

It feels his veins with liquid fire, because how could she pretend like she isn't in love with him, pretend like she wasn't made for him, like she won't just end up back in his arms?

"Rosie!" He calls out, following behind her. She freezes on the spot, and a tiny part of him relishes in the way he can affect her. But the fleeting satisfaction is gone, when he sees her balled up fists, and the scowl on her face. 

More fucking pretending.

"What?" She snaps, crossing her arms over her chest. His fingers itch to grab her, to pull her against his chest, take her back and make everything alright. He'd make it all better, and normal and how it was supposed to be. 

"Don't run away from me." He says instead. 

"I don't want to talk to you."

Yeah, this is going to be harder than he first thought. 

"Come on Rosie-"

"Rosemary." She interjects. There's this adorable look of murderous rage on her face, and it's so cute, the defiance and the anger that will all mean nothing in the end. 

He sighs. "Princess, I just want to talk, please give me that at least." 

He hates reducing himself to begging, because she should just listen to him, and well, he could definitely make that happen, but this works too. Tug at those heartstrings that make her so vulnerable, the kindness and attachment that leave her so exposed. 

Her face softens for the tiniest of seconds, and he's convinced his heart might just fucking melt, the mushy idiot he is, but it closes off in the blink of an eye.

"Don't antagonise me." She scowls, anger building behind pretty features. "And aren't you too busy talking with Schlatt?"

Fuck.

Oh he fucked up.

"What are you talking about?" He deflects, and he just needs to breathe, because this is a minor flaw in the plan, a minute hiccup in a plot that otherwise will run like clockwork. He will succeed. 

She doesn't seem phased at all, barreling past his weak attempts to feign ignorance with all the ferocity of an enraged bull. 

"I heard you and Schlatt in the woods. Talking about an agreement." 

"Are you sure it was me and Schlatt? I talked to him after the rally, but nothing about an agreement." He continues, dripping his words in a tone of confusion and nonchalance.