14

"To be human is to make mistakes and to make mistakes is to be human." She added wisely, or maybe not to wisely, while Merlin stared her down. The man had grumbled and mumbled about the high end agent coming in upon Eggsy's shoulder, who happily announced that he had beaten her.

"I don't know what the fuck you just said." Eggsy laughed, sipping the complimentary whiskey that he had won by capturing the agent. Gawain glared at him, feeling more than just infuriated at the boy, who sat rather smugly in the giant oak chair by the roaring fire.

"Shut up!" Merlin shouted, also growing tiresome of the somewhat entitled boy. "Gawain we all expected better from you," Gawain huffed, remembering the countless times Harry scolded her like this while she grew up in the Kingsman mansion.

"Oh lord Merlin, not this again." Gawain groaned, throwing her head back in annoyance. "He out smarted me just this once, I promise it won't happen again." She reasoned, wanting only to return to the comfort of her cozy bed, roaring fire awaiting her aching body, the tranquilliser leaving a nasty pain all along her body.

"It better not, because you've both got a mission." Merlin tapped away at his iPad, not bothering to glance up at the two young adults, both expressing expressions of pure bewilderment. "I'm assuming you'd like to know what the mission entails?" Merlin inquired, looking up at the two through his eyelids, finding their shocked and quiet states humouring.

"Ah," Gawain cleared her throat, suddenly feeling dry and hoarse at the idea of working with Eggsy in a real mission, especially after her defeat. "yes sir." Gawain straightened, clenching her hands into a fist behind her body, careful not to let her upset mood to show.

"Good, you still have a sense of manners. Valentine is holding a gala, one for the best of best all around. We wish to know why he would need such people and what he may wish to obtain from them. Gawain, you and Eggsy will go together and Lady and Lord Normay of Essex, a title which will not go unnoticed by Valentine." Merlin grinned subtly at the girl, knowing the name as her alter ego when she was younger, playing mindless games of make believe.

"What type of bullshit is this?" Eggsy plopped a stray grape into his mouth, his feet resting comfortably upon the small ottoman. "I thought I could finally get a day off." Eggsy scoffed, clearly outraged at the new information which he had been given, wanting nothing more than to rest his aching body from the nonstop training.

"Language Gary." Gawain warned, internally smirking at the use of his name, a name he deeply hated, a fact she had found happily one day. Eggsy's glared at her, his eyes conveying a completely different emotion, one foreign to the girl. Lust. She had only read about such an emotion in books and often seen it in pointless television shows, but up close and personal, she most certainly did not feel as comfortable as the actors. "Anything else Merlin?"

"Ah no." Merlin cleared his throat, caught off guard at the girls irritable and sudden outburst of new emotion, something she usually was quite good at concealing. "You're dismissed agent Gawain." She nodded thankfully, heading out the drawing room, towards the main entrance of the mansion.

"I'm gonna kill him."