12

"As some of you learnt last night," Merlin lifted his head from his clipboard, glancing at the Kingsman who stood below him. "team work is a crucial part in becoming a Kingsman." He spoke, his voice booming through the empty grounds. "We wish to test you to your limit." He turned to Gawain, frowning tiredly from his early morning rise, something he deeply hates.

"Today's task is a simple one," She straightened up, hands neatly folded behind her back as they always her. "you simply need to pick a puppy." She glanced around at the small group, her eyes momentarily meeting Eggsy's, a smug grin plastered on his face. "Be wise with your puppy, as this dog will be your life long companion and is key to finishing your training." Finishing her small speech, she nodded for the young adults to approach the small creatures, each candidate hurriedly reaching for their own.

"What did Harry want?" Merlin quizzed, turning slightly away from the frantic group, the question nagging his brain for the entire morning. Gawain turned to the man, shrugging lightly in response.

"Not much really, he mainly beat around the bush with using metaphors and such." Gawain responded, feeling oddly protective of her small yet meaningful conversation with her mentor. It felt like something only she should know, something Harry entrusted solely to her and her alone.

"Sounds like somethings troubling him." Merlin concluded, nodding knowingly that the girl doesn't wish to elaborate further. Both Kingsman turned back to the young adults, three still scrambling about the puppies, struggling to chose.

"That's what I thought, glad I'm not the only one." Gawain turned back to Merlin, her body relaxing ever so slightly, knowing that someone else thought the same as her.

"I'll keep a close eye on him." Merlin reassured, pulling his iPad out, typing in a few letters before turning back to the girl. "He's on a mission, something to do with a man named Valentine." Merlin said in a houses voice, allowing her to peek at his live video camera on his iPad. "Keep your ear piece in and I'll update you if something happens."

"Cheers." Gawain thanked, turning back to the young adults, who by now had all chosen their puppies, each face filled with gleeful delight at the small creatures. She glanced towards Eggsy, scrunching her face up as the boy proudly held a small pug in his arms, showing it off to his friend Roxy.

"Alright," Merlin clasped his hands together, examining the candidates choice of puppies. "now let's have some real fun. Today we will be testing you agility and stamina, along with team work of course. Gawain and I have set up an elaborate course, including everything from raging lunatics to just plain old basic army fighters. Your puppies are your prized possessions, your damsels in distress if you will. You lose the puppy, you're out. Simple. You keep the puppy, you're one step closer to being a Kingsman. Understood?" A silence followed his words, each candidate glancing quickly behind them in an attempt to see what may await them.

"Gawain will signal you when all is ready." He nodded at the girl, who quickly ran off into the small wooded area off the side of the field. "You cannot however, pick up the dog and carry it back, the dog must work alongside you." Just as the words left his mouth, a green smoke signal flared up into the bright blue sky, crackling around the grounds noisily. "Alright, you may begin."