Twenty

Sincere 'Sin' Jones || November 1998

I had just pulled up to the crib and as soon as I did, I instantly recognized the all black Bentley that was parked on the curb.

What the fuck was Roscoe doin' here?

Confused, I parked and popped the trunk open before I hopped out to retrieve the groceries I'd just purchased.

"Ayo! What's good, Dun?" I turned around and saw Roscoe walking towards me in all black, eyes full of mischief. "Yo? Where the fuck you been at, G?"

He shrugged and reached up to rub his nose, which led me to my suspicions about where he's actually been, and it also made me remember what Ant told me.

"Shit. Wit' all that shit happenin' wit' Ant, I been tryna lay low. 'Know what I mean?" I nodded and proceeded to grab the few bags I had before closing the trunk. "Word. So, wassup man? How you livin' though? You straight?"

I locked my car doors and he followed me into the crib.

"I just been chillin' dawg. I moved my shorty in the crib wit' me and we just been ducked off. I been makin' my moves but other than that, I been chillin'," We went into the kitchen and took a seat at a barstool while I put away my groceries.

"Oh okay. You all domesticated and shit now," I teased and he chuckled. "Something like that. Wassup wit' you and Slim?"

I shrugged, "You want something to drink?" He nodded and I grabbed a Heineken for him before sliding it over the counter in his direction.

I sighed and leaned up against the counter, "I mean, we cool. I'm tryna get back on track wit' her, but she ain't makin' it easy on a nigga," He shook my head, running my hand over my waves as I sighed heavily.

I missed this girl like hell, man.

We were a lot closer than we were, but with her talkin' about she don't wanna be exclusive right now and shit, I didn't know what the hell was goin' on between us. And besides, she was so wishy-washy these days, ain't no tellin' where her mind was at.

"Damn, son. You must've fucked up pretty bad,"

I chuckled, "Man, you don't even know the half,"

He shook his head, "Damn, kid. That's crazy cause I saw her at Webster's this past Friday,"

My eyebrows furrowed and my face scrunched up in confusion, "Who? Zo?"

He nodded, "Yeah. She was there wit' some tall, light bright ass nigga. Kissin' on him and grindin' on him and shit,"

I really couldn't believe what the fuck I was hearin' right now. I already didn't like the fact he had her name in his mouth and was relaying information about her; but to hear that she was out wit' another nigga didn't sit right wit' me.

That definitely wasn't some news I was expectin' to hear. I didn't think she would move on so quick. We just saw each other this past weekend— I was just at her crib feelin' her up and that same fuckin' day, she was out wit' a new nigga? Out wit' a new nigga like we wasn't tryna build something.

What the fuck was she out here doin'?

"Word?" He nodded in confirmation and I did the same. "You know who the nigga was?"

He shook his head, "Nah. He some regular ass nigga," He shrugged and drank his beer casually like he ain't just come over here and drop this huge ass bomb on me.

What the fuck was this nigga here for anyways? It's been weeks since I last saw this nigga, and now he dropping info about my girl? That shit didnt sit right wit' me.