Six

Zola 'Slim' Monroe || August 1998

     "I don't wanna go," I pouted like a child just as he had parked in front of Kori's spot. I had just spent damn near half a week with him; but the both of us had business to tend to, which meant it was time for me to return home.

Just 24 hours ago, I was getting annoyed with him tryna be up under me at every moment, but now I didn't even want to leave his presence.

Physical attachment has somehow made its way into this equation.

"I know, Ma, but you know how this shit go. I'ma hit you when I make it to the spot, but hit me when you get off, aight?" He leaned across the middle console and he grabbed my chin, kissing my lips three times, making sure to prolong the last one.

"I will," I took my seatbelt off and leaned forward to grab my bag.

"Stay safe out here, Sincere,"

He smacked his lips at my statement, "I'm always safe. These muthafuckas ain't crazy." I smacked my lips and squinted my eyes at him, which was a clear indication I was about to talk my shit, but he quickly stopped that before it could start by ensuring me he would be safe.

Yeah, that muthafucka ain't crazy.

We told each other goodbye and shared several more kisses before I finally exited his Jag and went inside.

As soon as I entered the crib, I seen Kori, and her favorite co-worker in the entire world, sitting on the couch with wine while they painted their toe nails, listening to Brandy's 'Never say Never' album. I was confused because I wasn't aware that Kori would be having company.

I mean, it wasn't an issue because this was her house, but I wasn't happy having a bitch in here that clearly didn't like me.

Is this what we do now? Is this who we've become?

"Wassup, K?" I shut the door behind me and kicked off my Tory Burch sandals and locked the door. I could feel Sade staring at me, so I looked back over at her. I could sense she had some dissatisfaction with me not greeting her.

I could honestly care less.

"Hey, boo! I missed you-- You remember Sade, right? Yeah, she's gonna be staying with us for a little bit,"

I leave for a few days and Kori turns the place into a hotel.

"I missed you too, babe. I'm about to go unpack," I went straight to my room and did just that.

I did indeed feel some type of way about this bitch being in the house, but, I couldn't say shit about it because, at the end of the day, this wasn't my place.

Most of my negative feelings were mostly towards Kori, though, because she knew that bitch had some type of ill feelings towards me. I knew that was her home girl, but it would've been nice had she at least given me a heads up or something.

While I removed my clothes from my bag, I went ahead and separated my laundry so I could get it done before my shift tonight.

In the midst of doing so, I heard a knock on my door and I called out for them to enter. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Kori tip-toeing in my room with a smile on her face. I continued to do what I was doing and she went ahead and had a seat on the bed before speaking,

"Did you have fun at Sincere's?" I nodded and shrugged, "It was cool. I enjoyed being in his company, for the most part,"

"Oh okay, that's nice. Did you get some dick?" I smacked my lips and looked up at her with a smirk, "Girl, you nosy!" She laughed, "Well?"