Ten

Zola 'Slim' Monroe || One Week Later

It was about 3 in the morning when I'd woken up out of my sleep.

Sleeping had been harder than usual these days, and I know it was because of my guilt. It was just announced the other morning that Spencer had died at the expense of Anthony's actions and I felt horrible about it.

I felt like if I hadn't given Sincere the information that he and Ant were seeking to have, shit wouldn't have went down the way it did. I know that because of Spencer's actions he had something wicked coming his way, but I still couldn't help but feel like it was my fault why shit down the way it did.

With a heavy sigh, I flung my covers off of my body and groaned as I stood up and stretched, trudging to the kitchen while I fixed my oversized shirt. In the midst of doing so, I could smell Sincere's cologne since the shirt did belong to him and it made me miss him even more although I had distanced myself because I was mad at him.

But, as of lately, I found myself questioning if I really even had a reason to be mad at him about this whole situation. I mean, I should've known what to expect. Especially after Kori had told me that she informed Ant about the incident. Maybe it was wrong of me to even project different expectations onto him because I already knew what type of dude he was.

When I got the kitchen, I went straight to the fridge. Just as I was raising the fridge, I heard the faucet turn on and that shit had me shook. My heart was pounding against my chest and my eyebrows furrowed "What the Fuck?"

I went to flick on the light and who do I see? Kori's roommate standing in front of the faucet with a glass of water, clearly unfazed by my presence and the fact she just scared the shit out of me.

"Whew, girl. You scared the hell out of me," I continued to raid the fridge, not really caring if she had something to say in response. I glanced over at the microwave and saw that it was going on 3:30, and I sighed heavily because I would probably be up until it was actually time for me to be up for class.

Yawning, I went ahead and reached for the milk so I could go ahead and make myself some cereal. I went ahead and went over towards the counter so I could set grab a bowl and spook from the strainer and get the cereal out of the cabinet. Kori was honestly a psycho for keeping her cereal anywhere other than on top of the fridge but whatever.

While I made my cereal, Sadé began raiding the fridge in search of something to eat and it was awkward just standing there in silence, especially with certain circumstances at hand, so I decided to break the ice.

"So, is there a specific reason why you don't like me?"

She chuckled to herself and shook her head, "Ayo, this is seriously a conversation I'm not tryna have wit'chu this early in the morning, Aight?"

I shrugged, "Mmh," I took a bite of my cereal before putting the cereal and milk back. Once I'd cleaned up after myself, I went ahead and grabbed my bowl because I had intentions on heading back to my room, but before I could make it out of the kitchen, she stopped me with her words.

"I never really had a problem with you— I'm just not that open to warming up to new people but when I sensed that you had some sort of attitude with me for whatever reason, I wasn't too fond of you after that,"

I pursed my lips and looked around confused with my eyebrows furrowed. "Well, there seemed to be some animosity on your behalf from jump, which is why I distanced myself. We ain't gotta be best friends, but we at least gotta coexist for her,"