Sixteen

*excuse any errors*

Sincere 'Sin' Jones || A week later

I sat within the confined space, tapping my fingertips against the steel table while I waited for Ant to come out.

I had to come up here and visit my boy, see how he was doin'. He called me every so often, or he would shoot me a letter with a list of shit he needed, how to access certain shit and where to put it, shit to do for Kori and all that other shit.

No lie, I missed my nigga. Shit out here in these streets wasn't the same without him, on top of the fact, this nigga Roscoe been off the face of the fuckin' earth, ducked off wit' some bitch he done shacked up wit'. I was practically keepin' all this shit goin' by myself, with some assistance from Marticus. He was pretty much the only nigga helpin' me keep shit in order.

I didn't know what the fuck was gon' happen once I decided to call this shit quits and move on. If these niggas knew like I knew, they would've had some cash put up or some assets to liquidate.

Finally, Anthony appeared shackled with two guards at his side. As soon as he was seated, I noticed a bruise under his left eye and as he reached for the phone, I noticed he had some busted knuckles too.

"What's the deal, baby?" He greeted and I chuckled, "Same ol' shit, man, how you holdin' up in there? I see you been gettin' up in there,"

He shrugged, "You know how it is in here. I'm straight though." The look in his eyes was enough to confirm his words, so that pacified me.

"How everything out there?" He asks and I sighed, "Man, Roscoe ain't no where to be found. I been handlin' shit on my own for the most part. I mean, Teek help out as much as he can, but it's only so much he can do,"

He scoffed and shook his head, "Marticus don't know where he at?" I shook my head and he sighed. "Stupid mothafucka, man," He mumbled, running his hand over his face while sighing.

"How Kori and Zo?"

I shrugged, "I ain't seen Kori since last week. She hasn't called me so I assume she good," He nodded and nodded for me to continue, "Zo still ain't fuckin' wit' me,"

"Damn. She really went ice on you,"

I smacked my lips, "Man, she confused. She called me over the other night, then she gon' tell me that she only called me over for one thing because she still not fuckin' wit' me."

He laughed and shook his head, "Well, shit. If you really want her then keep movin' at her pace. Trust me, it'll only be a matter of time before y'all back together. It sound like she wanna let you back in, but she hesitant,"

I sighed, running my free hand over my waves. "I guess, yo,"

He started to laugh and I already knew he was finna say some slick shit. "What, man?"

"She got yo' ass stressed out. If you don't do nothing else, you gon' stress over ya' girl," I flipped him off with a smirk and he chuckled.

"Aye, I'm just sayin'! Anyways, ya' birthday in a few days, what you got goin' on?"

I exhaled heavily, "Man, I don't even know. My mama wanted me to swing by her crib so I might do that,"

"Ya' step pops ain't gon' be there?" I shook my head. "Nah. Bitch ass nigga deployed last week," He laughed like I was playin' but I was dead ass. I couldn't stand my step pops. My real pops was never around, so when my mom met my step pops, John, he took his place.

I couldn't stand him because he was real militant. Strict as hell for no reason. And while I never gave my moms any problems, or at least tried to, I was already a man in my eyes and he hated that.