Chapter 56: The Battle of Hyrule Field

Luckily, all of the heroes had successfully escaped the eruption and had not been killed amidst Calamity Ganon's awakening.

"Who are we even fighting against now?" Zelda asked Link as everyone was regrouping

"I don't know" Link said "I swore to kill Ganondorf and save Hyrule, but after I stabbed him in the heart he exploded into this unintelligent Calamity thing of pure evil that doesn't even have a physical form"

"It probably is trying to use its corrupted Sheikah Technology to create some kind of basic physical form" Zelda said "I have seen how the malice has corrupted sheikah tech, and you said the Blight Ganons appeared to be made from malice and sheikah parts"

"Uh, guys?" Revali said "We have a problem"

Link got up to see what looked like an endless swarm of corrupted Guardians racing toward the army of heroes.

"They've probably all gone psycho since their controller lost control of himself" Daruk said

"Didn't know you could say something that deep" Revali said before Urbosa elbowed him

"We will have to work together to survive" Midna said

"Yeah" Tarin agreed "I can always use one of my mushrooms to turn into a racoon and see if that helps"

"That won't help dad" Marin sighed

"I want to avenge my father" Malon said

"We all have people to avenge" Yunobo said "So many have died at the hand of evil in these past decades"

"Agreed" Link said "But before we figure out this calamity situation, we need to survive against this swarm of Guardians"

Not only were there thousands of Guardian Stalkers approaching, but also Guardian Turrets and Decayed Guardians rising from beneath the ground, Guardian Skywatchers flying around, and Guardian Scouts creepily crawling around.

"What is that thing?" Mipha pointed to a Hinox looming over them that seemed like a zombie and was covered with malice

"Some kind of Malice Hinox, I guess" Link said

"Well there are some Malice Guardians" Zelda pointed at a few Guardian Stalkers that had extra layers of malice on them, and then Link also noticed Malice Lynels preparing to send beams of malice at the Heroes, but Link parried them away with the Hylian Shield.

Link saw Zelda and Urbosa struggling against some Ice Guardians, Electric Guardians, and Fire Guardians, and tried to get over to help them.

A swarm of Guardian Scouts blocked him, and Link ended up running a different direction into the ruins of Castle Town.

Even though most of the old structures of Castle Town were burned to the ground or knocked over and collapsed, one incredibly ancient structure still stood, an ancient temple built by the Ancient Sage Rauru in an Era of days past.

It was the famed Temple of Time.

Link entered the Temple, and went down the first hall.

"Hello?" Link called out "Any survivors in here?"

"Yeah!" two people replied, coming out to see Link

"Who are you two?" Link asked

"I am Lucy" the woman said

The second person, an elderly man, said his name was Aginah.

"Tell me" Link asked Aginah "Can the Temple of Time help me save Hyrule and the world?"

"Maybe" Aginah said "I mean, the legends say the Gate of Time is an entrance to the Sacred Realm, the Dark World"

"It's just a legend though, so probably not true" Lucy said

"I mean" Link said "There are giant purple things outside, so I'm not sure what is possible and what isn't lately"

Lucy and Aginah headed outside to join the fight against the hordes of Guardians, and Link walked deeper into the ancient Temple of Time.

A few spider-like Tektite monsters jumped off the walls and attempted to bite Link, but Link took them all out with a Spin Attack.

"Good move" the Hero's Spirit said

Link continued through the temple, until he reached a large chamber with three pedestals in front a giant door bearing the symbol of the holy triforce.

The Three Pedestals had three signs: 'Kokiri Emerald' and 'Goron's Ruby' and "Zora's Saphhire'

The Kokiri Emerald and the Goron's Ruby were both in their respective pedestals, but the Zora's Sapphire was sitting on the ground near the pedestal.

Link walked over to the pedestal, picked up the Zora's Sapphire off the ground, and placed it into it's pedestal.

With this, a mysterious ghost appeared in front of Link

"I am the Hero of Time" the ghost said "Let me play a song for you"

The ghost got out an ancient Ocarina, and played a beautiful song.

When the song was over, the ghost and the ocarina vanished, and the Temple of Time began to shake.

The three Spiritual Stones began to glow, and the rumbling Gate of Time opened up.

Link walked past the Pedestal, and entered the Gate of Time.

He was going to the Dark World.

While the rest of the heroes fought for their lives at Hyrule Field, Link was going to be looking for a solution to the problem.