Chapter 22 - Beware Fool, the Eye of the Yiga

To get to the Gerudo Highlands, Link and Zelda had to survive a sandstorm, and then cross Karusa Valley.

"I sense a presence in this valley" Zelda noted "It feels as if we're not alone here"

"We gotta keep going" Link said "Once we reach the Gerudo Highlands, we'll start looking for signs of Yiga activity"

"Okay" Zelda replied

Link and Zelda came to the end of Karusa Valley, and the valley's walls seemed unnatural, as if the whole area was man-made.

They arrived at a mysterious open door at the end of the valley, and they weren't even in the cold part of the Gerudo Highlands yet.

"Look at the banners inside this cave" Zelda pointed "The banners have the Yiga Clan symbol, the eye of the yiga. An upside-down Sheikah eye symbol"

The creepy cave gave Link the shivers.

Link and Zelda entered the Yiga Clan Hideout, and found torches and a Duplex Bow.

There were also lots of bananas scattered around the ground, a favorite snack of the Yiga.

"What a weird place" Zelda said "We better be stealthy, or else all of the Yiga Tribe will know we're here"

"What's that noise?" a tall and mighty Yiga Blademaster grumbled

Link scooped up a Mighty Banana off the ground

"What are you doing?" Zelda whispered to Link "This is no time for snacks!"

"Watch" Link said, and he threw a banana toward the Yiga Blademaster, since they supposedly all loved bananas.

The Yiga Blademaster put his torch and Windcleaver sword away, and reached down for the banana.

Link threw out more bananas, and various Yiga Footsoldiers appeared in smoke, and put away their Vicious Sickles, Demon Carvers, and Duplex Bows to eat the bananas.

"Good thinking" Zelda smiled, and she and Link headed for the next room of the Yiga Clan Hideout.

They got to a dark room, and when they peeked inside they saw the top banana of the Yiga Clan, Master Kohga.

He was conversing with his right-hand man Sooga, and a dark person who Master Kohga kept referring to as "Prophecy Man"

Sooga looked over toward where Link and Zelda were, and when he saw nothing, he turned back.

After further inspection, Zelda realized that the robed man with a pale face and an eye of malice in his forehead was indeed a fortune teller, and looked exactly like how Impa described the Last King of Hyrule's Royal Prophet.

The fortune teller spoke "I, prophet of doom, Astor, believe you Yiga are all fools"

"We are all servants of our master!" Sooga declared "We must work together!"

"Silence!" Astor growled "Do not use my own words against me!"

"Haha!" Master Kohga chuckled while snacking a banana "Listen, just shut up Astor. We helped you with the Royal Massacre, so what more do we need to do?"

Zelda squeezed her fist knowing that these three men were likely responsible for all the deaths at the Royal Massacre.

Link realized that the Hero's Spirit was a spirit because of these men, and he too was angry.

"Hang on" Master Kohga said to Sooga and Astor "I hear knocking on the back door, must be those dang Moblins wanting Seared Steak again"

Master Kohga got up and opened the back door to a group of Black Moblins and Ice Moblins.