Chapter 55: Awakening of a Calamity

The Heroes continued racing throughout the many halls of Hyrule Castle as the battle raged on in many different places.

Giant Biggoron was fighting Gohma's in the Castle Library, some heroes were defending the entrance to the Castle, and the rest of the world's fighters were at war with all of the world's monsters in the ravaged Castle Town.

Link jumped up and sliced the Golden Moblin which had been chasing them in half by using the sharpness of the Master Sword.

He was probably the most strongest and most skilled of any of Hyrule's chosen heroes.

Link looked at the mark of the Triforce of Courage on his hand, and saw the mark of the Triforce of Wisdom of Zelda's hand.

He knew that once Ganondorf was mortally wounded, the Triforce of Power should leave his body and unite with the other two pieces.

Only then could the Princess seal away evil with the complete Triforce.

"I think the throne room is right over there" Mipha pointed at a large door nearby

Link burst through to the Throne Room alongside Princess Zelda, Terrako, Mipha, Sidon, Daruk, Yunobo, Revali, Teba, Urbosa, Riju, Midna, and Paya.

They all saw the throne room mostly empty, with Astor sitting quietly on the Throne as Harbinger Ganon sat beside the throne.

"The heroes have arrived" Astor chuckled "You know, it is because of you all that I have run out of soldiers and Yigas to be my bodyguards. I could have a Bokoblin bodyguard, but that's like asking a Boar to a party"

Astor raised his malice-corrupted Giant Ancient Core which showed him the dark prophecies, and fired beams of malice from it.

Link deflected all three of them with the Hylian Shield

"Enough games" Link said

"Alright" Astor said "Let's get this over with, get our your sword and I'll-"

Astor was interrupted as a shadowy figure behind the throne fired a beam of malice that destroyed the throne and sent Astor and the Harbinger flying to the other side of the room, where they were on the ground.

"Emperor Ganondorf" Link observed

"It is I" Ganon coughed blood and purple malice "The Great King of Evil, reincarnation of Demise, rightful Emperor of the Planet"

Link got out the shining Master Sword, and Ganondorf got out his Dark Trident.

"Too bad my Sword of the Six Sages was broken" Ganondorf said "I don't care though, the Dark Trident is far better than that dumb relic"

Ganondorf lunged at Link, and his Trident clashed against the Master Sword

"You don't belong in my kingdom" Ganondorf spat

"Our Kingdom" Link corrected "The Gods never gave you any rights to it"

"What, did you think the Gods would give a paper with the rights to the planet for me to sign?" Ganondorf asked "No, the way something as valuable as rights to the entire universe is obtained through the spilling of innocent blood"

Link roared and and swung the Master Sword so hard that the Dak Trident broke into two pieces.

"How's Kakariko?" Link asked "You're burning city"

"Mostly gone" Ganondorf growled "I killed all the survivors"

Link began to feel extreme rage.

"I love killing" Ganondorf said "Mostly because it gets me what I want and because killing is my destiny, but also because it feels good"

Link was very angry

"It was fun to have the Hylian Champion Link killed" Ganondorf said, looking over to the Hero's Spirit beside Link "The pleasure I felt just knowing how Mipha, Revali, Daruk, and Urbosa would react to their close friend being dead was so great to feel"

In a single second, Link sent the Master Sword straight through Emperor Ganondorf's heart.

Ganondorf coughed out blood and malice once again.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Ganondorf screamed "SCREW YOU, YOU-"

Ganondorf continued screaming until everyone including Link had their fingers over their ears.

Eventually, the blood stopped pouring out of Ganondorf's chest, and instead a burst of malice erupted from his chest.

Ganondorf began levitating in the air, still screaming in rage, and his feet and hands all exploded as malice shot out of his disintegrating limbs.

Ganon's chest began erupting more malice at a rapid pace, and his limbs were now gone.

His mouth was opened way wider than it should be as he yelled in rage more, and malice was pouring out of his mouth so he couldn't speak anymore.

Ganondorf's face exploded and was replaced by a burst of malice, and eventually the last of his physical body also exploded with a burst of malice.

The rushing clouds of malice were going in every direction, some shooting out to distant parts of Hyrule.

All of the locations Link had freed heroes from had become light again, but now all of the Planet was shrouded in darkness and malice once more.

"It is coming true..." Astor mumbled "The Prophecy of the Great Calamity! Calamity Ganon has awakened!"

While the heroes were staring blankly at the eruption of Calamity Ganon, Astor and Harbinger Ganon quietly slipped out of Hyrule Castle and made their way north towards the land of Argia.

"We have to go...." Link said "NOW!"

Hyrule Castle was not destroyed yet, but large chunks of concrete wall did almost fall on the heroes as a pig-shaped head appeared in the malice clouds for a second and roared, before disappearing.

Purple Malice Lightning began striking and burning Castle Town, interrupting the war going on there.

All of the Heroes evacuated out of the Castle, and found themselves in a dark Hyrule Field once again.