Chapter 4: Welcome to Faron Woods

Link and Aryll rode on Epona as she galloped through Faron Woods, as they were now entering the Faron Provicne.

"Need oil for your Lamp?" A hylian man called from a cabin submerged into a tall tree "I've got some!"

"Sorry" Link called up to the man "I don't have an oil lamp. Or anything that produces light"

"Nothing for light?" the man asked "Hmmmm, not even a candle?" There are some dark caves ahead....And while candles are more dangerous that lamps and can start fires, they aren't expensive and don't need oil bought with your hard-earned rupees"

"I don't even have any rupees" Link admitted

"No rupees!" the man yelled in surprise "What an odd traveler you are! Rupees, the basic money currency of the world, and you don't even have any!"

The man snickered from in his tree as Epona passed by, and even the tree-monkeys seemed to think it was funny.

"We should find rupees" Aryll said "We really might need to buy a candle for dark rooms"

"For now, let's stop at Faron Spring over there" Link said "Epona could use a drink"

They stopped in the spring where the water was rushing, and Aryll played in the water while Epona had a drink, and Link practiced his sword skills.

Out of nowhere there was fume and red dust fell to the spring as a sheikah man in red appeared.

The man was wearing a white mask that had a symbol that was an upside-down sheikah symbol.

This was person from what was commonly known as the Yiga Clan, the ones who betrayed the Sheikah on the night of the Royal Massacre.

The Yiga Footsoldier walked right up to Link.

"What is your name?" he demanded

"Uh, Link" Link said "No last name"

"Link, eh?"

"Yup" Aryll confirmed "My big brother's name is Link"

"Interesting" the Yiga Footsoldier mused "The name Link is special, as in each generation- Oh forget it, you'll be dead soon anyways"

The traitor grabbed his Duplex Box that could fire two arrows simultaneously.

He fired two arrows at Link.

Luckily the arrows hit the Hero's Shield, and after Link pulled them out, he and Aryll got on Epona and rode away as fast as they could

"This generation has brought yet another hero" the Yiga muttered "Better report this to Master Kohga..."

Link and Aryll were in the Faron Woods still, although the air seemed to be getting more moist and the area was generally getting more tropical.

In the distance they heard the sound of an accordion, and the two siblings arrived at a portion of the Faron Jungle where there were ruins all around

"They call them the Zonai Ruins" a Hylian Man with a large beetle-shaped backpack said as he approached, appearing to be a traveling salesman.

"Zonai?" Link asked

"Yes" the salesman replied "The travelers say long ago there was a tribe of magicians who worshipped a water dragon of courage, until they all mysteriously disappeared"

"Interesting" Link said "Who are you?"

"They call me Beedle" Beedle said "I sell arrows, frogs, and insects. Just remember me as the guy with the beetle-shaped backpack, and you likely won't forget who I am"