sᴛɪʟʟ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛᴀsᴛʏ

November was not necessarily a month you thought went by particularly quickly. However, two weeks flew by in a flash, and it was already halfway through November.

As you pulled on your rain jacket, Kiyoko opened the door to check how heavy it was raining. Once the door was cracked, the loud sound of a heavy downpour was heard coming from outside.

Closing the door, Kiyoko took an umbrella from the coat closet as you grabbed your bookbag and stood up, prepared to make the trek to school in the heavy rain.

"Ready?" Kiyoko asked as she opened the door.

"Yeah," you replied as the two of you stepped outside, closing the door behind you. Walking down the steps, Kiyoko opened the umbrella and you joined her under it, shielding yourselves from the rain.

"It's been raining a lot lately," you commented as you began walking down the sidewalk.

"Yeah, it would be snowing, but the temperature is just a little too warm right now," Kiyoko replied, earning a nod from you as you stuffed your hands in your coat pockets.

Entering campus, you walked past the main building as you and Kiyoko left your bags in the clubroom and walked towards the gym.

After morning practice, you, Tanaka, and Noya went to your classroom for the school. Entering just before the bell rang, you sat down at your seat in the back corner of the classroom.

After a few announcements from your class rep, the first educational lesson of the day began. Grabbing your bookbag, you rummaged around before pulling out a bag of goldfish.

Turning around in your seat, you whispered Noya's name to grab his attention, offering the bag of goldfish for him to snack on.

"Thanks," he whispered back as he grabbed a handful and popped a few into his mouth. You brought the bag back to your desk and began munching on the snack, eating them while mindlessly watching the cars pass on the street below.

A grey cloud passed in the sky as a red car sped down the road, obviously speeding past the speed limit.

Watching the car, you remembered how Kiyoko would turn eighteen in a few short months and was then eligible for her driver's license.

Although her birthday was in early January, you and your parents had already begun planning Kiyoko's eighteenth birthday party. Since she was to go to college next year, this was the last birthday she would celebrate residing in your house.

After school, you and Kurumi met in the hallway outside your classroom before you had to go to volleyball practice.

"You doing anything over winter break?" You asked him as he nodded and adjusted the strap to his bookbag on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to my grandparent's. You?"

"Noya," you replied casually, to which Kurumi wiggled his eyebrows and nudged his shoulder suggestively.

"The little ball of energy you call your boyfriend?" They teased as you smiled and rolled your eyes.

"Okay, he's not that bad," You retaliated.

"(Y/n), have you met the dude? He's like a fucking chihuahua."

"Still I think he's rather tasty," you sang in a joking tone, earning a snicker from your friend.

"See you tomorrow," Kurumi said as he waved and turned around.

"Yeah, bye!" you shouted after them as they turned and left the building through the north staircase.

Remembering you had forgotten your math textbook in the classroom, you reentered the room to retrieve the book necessary to complete your homework for the night.

Bending down at your desk, you grabbed the book and shoved it in your bag, walking out of the classroom.

With nothing better to do, you decided to go to the gym as the volleyball club probably already started practice.

Walking out of the main school building, you walked across the courtyard to drop your bag off in the clubroom.

The sky was a dark grey, the clouds completely covering the blue and creating a blanket impersonating the night sky. A shiver ran down your spine as your pace subconsciously sped up.

After putting your bag in the clubroom, you walked to the gymnasium to join club activities. Feeling a droplet of rain hit your temple as you crossed campus, you looked up at the cloudy sky.

Wiping the water from your forehead with the side of your finger, you jogged a few paces before arriving at the exterior of the second gymnasium.

Opening the gym door, you were met with a particularly unusual sight, even for the volleyball team members.

Noya had convinced Hinata to try two-person contortion. Both boys were in a backbend with their feet planted on the ground, their toes nearly touching each other.

"Okay, we just need to lift one foot," Noya grunted as he lifted his right leg and pressed it against Hinata's.

Now connected by their feet, the two were relying on their other three limbs to keep them upright as they wobbled from the pose.

"What are you two doing?" You asked as you approached the two boys.

With that, Noya and Hinata became distracted and toppled over, their arms collapsing as they lied on the floor.

"We were doing contortion!" Noya jumped up enthusiastically, Hinata following closely behind.

"Noya said it would be a way to train for volleyball."

Snickering, Noya pushed Hinata, signaling for him to find something else to do as he wished to talk to you.

Once Hinata left the two of you alone, Noya asked you, "So, are you doing anything this weekend?"

Pausing, you thought of your weekend plans and replied, "Not that I know of."

"I need help studying, wanna come over?" Noya perked up, grabbing your hand as he bounced on the balls of his feet.

"Yeah, okay!"

"Just come whenever, no one really cares," Noya said, releasing his grip on your hand and smiling at you.

Grinning back at him, you nodded in understanding as you felt a flush of heat run up to your cheeks.

Although you were together, it was not necessarily your place to invite yourself over to his house. Noya's attitude towards the whole affair brought some peace of mind.

Your arrival had grabbed Takeda's attention, he called your name and gestured for you to come towards him. As you walked to the teacher, he greeted you and handed you a pen as you approached him.

"Can you sign this form? It's for nationals," Takeda explained as you observed the paper on the clipboard in his hand. The paper was a confirmation form that you were in fact a member of the club and assistant coach of the team.

After signing your signature on the line Takeda pointed out to you, you returned the clipboard and pen to him as he thanked you and exited the gym, presumably to file the paperwork.

Practice played out per usual after that, nothing notable about the experience, just that it was lengthy and tireing.

After the conclusion of club activities, you and Kiyoko gathered your things and left campus, walking home in the crisp November air as the flickering stars glinted above you, spotting the blanket of the sky.

To be continued...

_________

Shut up, I know it's been a fat minute. Anyways, thank you for 800+ reads!!

Kith kith kith kith muah! Love you :)