ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪs ʙɪᴛᴄʜ ᴜᴘ

Later the same day, Karasuno faced Aoba Johsai in their third match of the Qualifier. As each team warmed up, you noticed an odd tension building between Aoba Johsai's number six and Tanaka.

Paying no mind to it, you watched as the players passed to each other and continued to prepare for the match ahead. Once the teams lined up to arrange for the match, you and Yachi went up to the stands and found your spot next to Shimada, Saeko, and Takinoue.

With that, the match commenced.

The first play began with Oikawa's serve, to which Daichi received it and sent the ball flying through the air. After a block from Aoba Johsai, Noya was prepared and set the ball for Asahi to spike.

Earning a point, you cheered loudly for your team. Noya glanced up at the stands and gave you a wide grin and a big thumbs up as Asahi slapped him on the back.

Turning to scold Asahi for hitting him so hard, Noya returned his attention to the court. You chuckled as you watched Noya bicker with Asahi, slapping him just as hard on the back.

Eventually, the score was twenty-three to twenty-two, Karasuno was in the lead and Oikawa was up to serve.

Looking at the server, you noticed a new ring of intensity in his eyes; the game was the only thing that was on his mind.

"Well, we're screwed," you noted as Oikawa slammed the ball against the hardwood floor and glanced up at the net.

It happened before you could process it, the ball was tossed up, and Oikawa hit it as hard as he could, earning an extremely fast ball flying across the court.

The whistle was blown, signaling that his serve landed outside of the court and earned another point for Karasuno.

"Ha! Never mind us being screwed. Oikawa fucked up," you said as Yachi chuckled at your commentary.

"Woah, I want to try receiving a serve like that! Send another one!" Noya shouted from the court, earning your attention as you watched him clench his fists in excitement.

"You do that, Noya!" You cheered him on as he lined up and squatted down in an appropriate position to receive.

The first set ended in a win for Karasuno two points ahead of Aoba Johsai. The second set went similarly, but this time, a new player from the opposing team was extremely aggressive.

"How the fuck-" Saeko stared in shock as number sixteen from Aoba Johsai kept making extremely powerful quick attacks.

You noticed Oikawa was back up to serve, causing a fizzle of annoyance to bubble in the pit of your stomach. This serve was exactly like his last powerful one, however, he landed it perfectly inside the court in the blink of an eye.

After a few more plays, the second set ended in a duce with Aoba Johsai winning at twenty-eight points. Although you were frustrated with Aoba Johsai, you could tell the team was even more frustrated with themselves.

"That 'Mad Dog' character is starting to get on my nerves," Saeko said through gritted teeth.

"Same, I'm about to beat this bitch up," you agreed as you watched the third set began.

After the third set against Aoba Johsai that ended in a duce, Karasuno won against their long-lasting rivals.

The game was close, you felt almost bad for the players on Aoba Johsai because you knew how hard they had worked to achieve their level of skill.

The gymnasium was silent as Hinata spiked and Oikawa missed a receive, causing the conclusion of the game. An anxiety-inducing silence filled the gym for a moment before everyone burst out, cheering in victory.