ᴅʀᴏᴘ ᴅᴏᴡɴ sɴᴀʙᴜᴀʜᴀʜ

It was Wednesday and you were conversing with your friend outside of your classroom after school. Talking about nothing in particular, the two of you were preparing to head home as classes were over for the day.

"Hey!" You hear someone call your name as you turn your head to see one of the first years on the volleyball team, Yamaguchi, walking in your direction.

"Are you coming to the volleyball club again today?" He asks as you fully turn around to converse with your underclassman.

"Yeah, I think so. I really enjoyed going to your practices this week, they were fun!" You reply enthusiastically. Your response was genuine, you missed volleyball and truly did enjoy going to their practices over the past two days.

"Want to walk with me there?" He asks as you nod and reply, "Yeah, just let me grab my stuff from my classroom."

After turning around to say your goodbyes to your friend, they walk off to head home as his club, the photography club, meets during lunch and not after school.

Once you grab your things from your desk, you meet Yamaguchi outside of your classroom and head off to the clubrooms. "We have to stop here to put our bags in the clubrooms," Yamaguchi explains as you nod in response.

After dropping your bookbag on the floor of the clubroom near where Tadashi stores his bag, Yamaguchi and you head across the dirt field to the second gym. He insists on opening the door to the gym and you chuckle to yourself and respond to his actions with, "thanks, Tadashi."

His cheeks turn a rosy shade of pink at your words of gratitude as he croaks, "no problem."

In the gym, you are met with the team doing passing drills from either side of the net. Upon entering, you scan the scene to find Kiyoko and Yachi huddling over an i-pad on the sideline of the court.

Walking over to them, you exclaim, "Hey you two! What are you doing?"

"We're watching the Brazilian team's synchronized attack. Ukai wants us to be familiar with it." Yachi replies as she points to the screen with her right hand.

"Oh yeah, I know of it. That would be a great asset if the team can learn it!" You respond cheerfully.

"Speaking of great assets to the team," you hear Takeda say from behind you as you turn around to be met with coach Ukai and him standing behind you.

Ukai glances over at Kiyoko who gives him a small smirk and turns back to the screen she is holding in her hands to turn it off. "(Y/n), we heard you used to play volleyball, right?" Ukai begins as you nod in response.

With a wide grin appearing on his face, Takeda continues, "We were wondering if you would like to be assistant coach of the boys' volleyball team."

You pause for a moment, an unconscious smile appearing on your face as you look up to meet the two coaches' eyes that are filled with curiosity and hope.

"I would love to!" you shout enthusiastically.

"No way, really!" Hinata calls enthusiastically as he runs over with Suga, Noya, and Tanaka following closely behind.

"Yeah, why not. I've decided not to avoid volleyball anymore and coaching sounds kind of fun!" You reply as the two of you bounce up and down and swing your arms together.

"We're going to have so much fun! It will be all woosh and bam!" Hinata yells as the two of you jump.

"You sound like that one vine that is like 'you just drop in and just smack the lip whuapuah, drop-down snabuahah'" You giggle as the two of you continue to bounce up and down.

"You get a uniform, too!" Noya adds on as you stop bouncing with Hinata to let him push himself upon your shoulders and jump up and down.

Although you had just begun to get closer with Noya, you were in the same class as him and have known him since the beginning of your first year, so you were acquainted with his ecstatic persona.

Once he stopped bouncing, you turned to give a wide smile at him, to which he blushes and smiles back.

After the exciting moment dies down, Kiyoko hands you a black tracksuit and says, "Here, coaches get these."

You eagerly accept the suit and hurriedly put the jacket on. Turning your head over your shoulder to observe the back, you notice the embroidered characters 'Karasuno High School Volleyball Club'.

"It looks so cool on you, (Y/n)!" Noya hollers as you look up to meet his gaze.

"I know, right! I love it!" You say as you drop the folded tracksuit pants on the floor by the wall while still wearing the jacket.

"Alright, let's hurry up and do this practice match!" Daichi calls as the team breaks off into two teams of six.

After a while, the practice match is in full swing. As the first set of the practice match continues, the red team led by three points with the white team at twenty, making the score 23:20.

You watch as Kageyama sets the ball to Hinata and Hinata spikes it with all of his force in a split second. Your jaw drops as you watch the quick attack be carried out in a perfect form.

Ukai turns to meet your shocked expression and chuckles as you call, "Kageyama, Hinata, what the fuck are you two on? That was insane!"

Hinata looks down at his hands as Kageyama stares at you with an unconsciously annoyed expression that says "you should already know."

"It's their freak quick attack," Ukai explains, "Kageyama sets and Hinata hits, and it's that simple."

"Holy shit, Kageyama must be really good at sets then." You exclaim as you turn back to face the game in front of you.

"Yeah, but that's not our only weapon." Ukai lets out a mischievous cackle as he says, "Our arsenal has been expanding, and if we can get this team to improve how they work together, we will be unstoppable."

You let a devious smile chalk your expression as you exclaim, "This is one heck of a team you got."

Ukai chuckles and responds, "Yeah, it is."

When practice is over, Kiyoko and you walk home alongside some other players once the gym is finally cleaned.

You hear someone call your name as your sister and you are leaving campus as you turn around to see Nishinoya and Tanaka running up from the direction of the clubroom.

"We were wondering if you wanted to come to my house to study for finals on Saturday," Tanaka asks as the two of them approach you.

"Yeah, okay. I need to study for finals, too." You reply, partially reminding yourself that finals are coming up.

"I'll text you about it later then." Noya chimes in as Tanaka begins to "flirt" with Kiyoko.

"Hey, thinking about it, I don't think I have your phone number, Noya." You say as he gasps and pulls out his phone.

"Okay, then just give me your number," Noya says as he hands you his phone. Once done plugging the digits in, you return the phone to Noya who thanks you and puts it in his back pocket.

"Bye, Kiyoko! Bye, (Y/n)!" The two of them shout as they ran off.

"Ready to go home?" Kiyoko asks as you two begin to walk back to your house.

"Yeah, I'm super tired." You yawn as you make the short trip back to your house, thinking about how you are to spend a day studying with students who are probably not the best option when it comes to study-buddies.

Then again, it's Tanaka and Noya, so they probably asked Enoshita, Kinoshita, and Narita to come along as well.

To be continued...