ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ: ᴘɪᴄᴀssᴏ

Gripping the bosque of flowers, Noya held his breath as he stood slightly behind you outside of the hospital door. Noticing his unease, you traced your hand down his arm to fit into his hand, knitting your fingers together.

Squeezing your hand, Noya let out a shaky exhale as he gently nodded and stepped forward, letting his grip slip from your palm.

Slowly twisting the handle on the door, Noya pushed his way through the entrance and found himself in a quiet room. You followed slowly after, you looked around at the neutral walls, your eyes eventually landing on Tanaka.

He was lying down in a grey hospital bed to your left. A white curtain with dots of multiple shades of blue partially covered his face from the doorway, but you figured it was him, nonetheless.

A bronze picture frame traced the sides of a photograph on the otherwise empty wall opposite the single hospital bed. Apart from the monitors that occasionally made noise, the room was silent. The subtle and occasional beeps signaled life in the otherwise unconscious body that lay on the bed.

Slowly and respectfully walking deeper into the room, you noticed a beige seat next to the bed on the side towards the window that was carrying in the grey of the clouds into the room.

Seated in the hospital chair was Kiyoko. Her face looked dull as if she wasn't getting enough of any necessity- sleep, food, or water. Her pale skin sagged around her eyes; a thinned figure who looked up to see who had entered.

"(Y/n)," she muttered, slightly taken aback by your presence.

"Hi, Kiyoko," you said empathetically, walking over to her for a hug. It had been so long since you had talked to her face to face, let alone embrace her. It felt good, despite the circumstance, a warmth was amidst the dreary room.

Pulling from each other, the two of you watched as Noya gravitated towards his best friend. Standing on the opposite side of the bed from the two of you, Nishinoya looked at the body that lay on the bed.

His skin was pale, a bruise covered his left eye and stitches just under the right. His temple was covered in a thick bandage and his neck was in a brace. You could not see past the top of his chest, his shoulders barely peeking out past the blankets.

"Dumbass," Noya muttered as he looked down at Tanaka's beaten-up face.

"Truly," Kiyoko chuckled, lightening the dense air that filled the already claustrophobic room.

Looking around, you noticed a stool across the room towards the door. Pushing it towards the congregated area, you invited Noya to sit.

Kiyoko settled back down in her chair and rested her elbow on the armrest. Her chin on her hand, she let out a gentle but noticeable sigh.

You wandered between your love and sister, unsure who to comfort more. You wanted to help both but were unable to comfort each other at the same time.

Watching the beep of the monitor next to the bed, you followed the pulsing line in the otherwise silent room. Seated on the floor between Kiyoko and Noya, you gently rubbed Noya's forearm with your thumb, resting your chin on his lap.

Two hours had passed since Noya and you had entered Tanaka's hospital room. Noya requested to leave about an hour into your visit. You willingly agreed, not wanting to pressure him into doing something he wasn't comfortable with.

After leaving the hospital, you walked to your car with Noya, gently pulling the handle as Noya got in the passenger seat.

Walking around the front of the vehicle, you glanced at Nishinoya through the windshield. Noya was sobbing, tears streaming down his face as his sobs were growing louder with each gasp.

That was about an hour ago and now, the two of you were seated on the couch in the Nishinoya's household. You had grabbed some of Noya's favorite comfort food for Noya and you to share as you watched your favorite movie.

Through his irregular sniffs, Noya said softly, "I want to buy a house here. We should stay close to home."

You nodded slowly, thinking about what his proposal would mean. You weren't ready to settle down just yet, you still had so much you wanted to do.

"Let's think about it, we don't have to decide anything yet," you suggested, not wanting to make him any more stressed than he already was.

"No, (Y/n). I want to do it as soon as possible," Noya stated, sitting up and turning to face you.

Pushing his waist towards yours, Noya breathed in as his lips drifted closer to you. Catching himself, Noya realized his body was distracting his train of thought and seemingly snapped back to his focused state.

Smirking, you nudged him to slowly ease his nerves.

"Hey," you uttered, a breath of air left your mouth and a slight sound pushed its way out.

Noya looked up at you with a smug trace in his eyes, a glimmer of happiness before he lunged at you with a pillow in hand.

Pounding your head with the pillow, Noya let out a bellowing laugh as you squealed and held your hands to cover your face.

"Noya!"

Pulling the pillow away with a grin on his face, Noya looked at you with an expression of empathy. A mischievous flicker was spotted in his eye before you jumped up and threw a pillow right back at him.

"Hey, unfair!" Noya whined as he hit you with a pillow, launching you across the room and landing on the floor with a cushion covering your view of the room.

"You're the one that's playing unfairly!" You complained, jumping up with a laugh.

Once you both had calmed down and let your energy out, you were splayed out on the floor. Pushing your hand to feel around for where Noya was, you eventually hit his face with your palm.

"Ow," Noya whined as he sat up, clutching his knees close to his chest.

Closing your eyes, you thought about what a roller-coaster today had been. From seeing Kiyoko and Tanaka to your conversation about living in Japan to a pillow fight.

"Okay, I like it: Picasso," you hear Noya whisper as he pushes a strand of hair out of your face. Opening your eyes, you felt his warm breath as his face hovered close to yours.

To Be Continued...