Chapter 23 - The Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

"Alex, who can you trust? Me." He said, trying to convince me. "I'm your dad!"

"You're not his dad! You haven't been that for two years!" Alyssa screamed at him as she clutched her leg.

"Fuck you! You should have died when I put the hit out! Alex was too much of an ass to do it!" he said, his finger on the trigger. I panicked and held my gun up to him.

"Don't even think about it, Oliver." I say, calmly. "Put the gun down."

"Oh, you're sticking up for her?" He said, turning the gun's aim to me.

"And what if I am?" I say, shaking my head and shrugging.

"You deserve to die too, you scum!" He said. His finger pulled the trigger as Alyssa's did, her bullet firing seconds before his, straight into his arm making him drop his gun, but his bullet was already making its way towards me, hitting me in the shoulder as the aim had been changed. I fall to the floor second after Oliver hits the floor. Alyssa was right, this guy was no longer my dad.

"Alex!" Ally shouts as she pulls herself along the floor towards me. She reaches me and holds her hands over my wound, before ripping some of her jumper and securing it as a tourniquet above my wound. "You alright?" She asks, concerned.

"Are you?" I say, pulling off a bit of her jumper to create a tourniquet above her leg wound. "I'm sorry for all of this!"

"Don't worry!" She smiles at me. I think I finally realised something so obvious to me...

"I love you." I say to her as I tighten the jumper around her leg.

"I love you too!" She looks up at me with her big eyes.

"This love isn't going to last very long!" Oliver said, cocking his gun and aiming it between us, finally settling for my head. "I'm sorry son..." He said. I shut my eyes, ready for the shot, but I hear a scream and fumbling around before a huge thump and another ear-piercing scream.

Looking over, there's Alyssa, laying on the floor, clutching at her stomach with Oliver holding one of the metal lamps in the room. Alyssa was crying. She tried to get up but she fell back onto the floor.

"You asshole!" She spat at him. He shrugged. Rage filled me, and I grabbed my gun next to me and stood up, holding the gun up with two hands.

"Say hi to my dad!" I say, as I empty six shots into him, one in each limb and one in his stomach. "He was a lovely man. Shame you never got to know him!" I spat in his face.

"I never wanted kids, let alone grandkids!" Oliver spat to me. "They're such a hassle!"

"You're a heartless bastard..." I say, as I empty the final bullet into his head. I threw my gun at his body and ran over to Alyssa.

"Ally, it's ok. Let's get you to a hospital, ok?" She shook her head violently.

"No! Everything's fine! Isn't it? Everything's fine Alex!" She'd gone into shock.

"Ally, we're going. Come on!" I grab her arm and put it round my neck, hoisting her up. We walk out of the room and up the stairs, out of the shed and again I try my hardest to hail any sort of car, but a cab finally pulls up and whisks us off to the hospital. I'm glad we're ok. The person most important to me had made it out with me, I couldn't ask for more. My dad, well, he left me two years ago. That man will never be my dad. He will be Oliver, an asshole who deserved a long painful death.

"Alex, I'm sorry! He was going to shoot you, I jumped him..." She said, holding her belly.

"Ally, don't apologise. You saved me. I'm so thankful for that!" I smiled at her, but I know she is dying inside, she saved me but hurt our baby. All I can say to her will mean nothing to her at the moment.

"I mean it, Alex. I love you." She smiled at me. I know it sounds stupid, but right then felt like the happiest time of my life, minus the bullet wounds and all. I stared at her beautiful face and felt like the luckiest man alive.

"I love you too Ally." My phone rings and spoils the moment.

"Hello, is this Alex Greenwood?" A familiar female voice asks

"Yes. Who is this?"

"Hello, I'm calling from T.H.O. I am calling to say, unfortunately the Head Boss and Deputy Head Boss of the company have passed away. In a small statement left by one Oliver James Greenwood, he said the estate should be passed over to his son when he died. You are now the owner of T.H.O. You'll need to sign a few pieces of paperwork, but after that this whole place is yours! When can you come over to sign them?" She said, chirpily. I then remembered, it was the receptionist who had stopped me.

"As soon as I can, I'll be in contact as soon as I can!" I say, smirking.

"Well, what shall we do for now sir?" She asks.

"Continue as normal!" I say and hang up the phone.

"Who was that Alex?" Ally asked, looking up at me.

"Ah, it was just an old friend asking if we could meet up soon..." I lied through my teeth. She smiled and nodded. I looked out the window. This is the beginning of the end. I'm gonna use this firm to bring down everyone who's hurt me and Alyssa, tried to hurt us or even had a bad thought about us. For now, I am invincible!

THE END!!!