Phoenix Academy - Chapter Sixteen

King Charles Point Of View

"And your sure of what you have seen?"

"Yes your Majesty. I am sure, even with hair as black as death itself I would recognise her anywhere. It was Alissandra alright and her brother Markus."

"You must be mistaken, Alissandra is dead, I grieved over the body myself."

"I'm aware of that your majesty, however she said during the conversation that I overheard that she disguised a body of a guardian to look like herself. Have any gone missing ?"

"We're in the middle of a rebellion of course guardians have gone missing! We don't know who to trust. Even if a guardian goes missing they have either been killed or turned"

"This is troubling news indeed. You have always been reliable I give you that. Your ability to conceal yourself in the form of a bird has always proved worthy. But how do I know that you yourself have not turned to the side of the rebellion and started giving me this story"

"The evidence is in front of you. Who, But Her highness is capable of that hole in our defences? I cannot be sure of her motives. But I can be sure that she is out there. She is the dreaded Black Queen, feared even beyond the rebellion leader himself. In the past few days she has taken out a number of villages. Few have survived to tell the tale. The Black Queen has only surfaced since Her highnesses death."

"I agree your logic is sound. Flawless even."

"It is hard to take in, even for me, you're Majesty"

"I must ask  you to do something"

"Anything Sire"

"Tell no one of this."

"Sire?"

"The people cannot know. It will dishearten them, they will lose confidence in their government. We cannot have the Guardians hesitate when taking the Black Queen out. For that is what she is now. If she has sided with the rebellions then she is no daughter of mine"

"Is that wise sire? What if a guardian realises who she is and hesitates"

"It's a risk, of that I admit. But its necessary"

"I understand fully. You have my word Your Majesty. I will not tell a soul"

"Did you hear anything of importance"

"Only that they were after students as you thought, with them safely here though you have nothing to worry about."

"I'm glad to hear it"

"Although"

"Although? What do you mean although?"

"Well, Sir Markus"

"Just Markus, he is not longer a Sir, I saw to that along with his banishment many years ago"

"Of course, well Markus said the war would soon be over and his seat of power would be here"

"I must say I agree with him on one account"

"You do?"

"Yes. The war will soon be over. But this will not be his seat of power. It will forever be ours as I have a plan in motion right now which will ensure to his defeat"

"Pray tell Sire"

"That information I cannot divulge as of yet. This operation is of the upmost secrecy and will stay that way till success is reached"

"Of course"

"Now leave me, You have given me much to think upon. And remember - "

"- tell not a soul"