CHAPTER 31

The next day.

We were walking for 4 hours straight now. It's exhausting. I never thought this bamboo forest would be so huge. 

"Why is this forest so huge?" I asked.

"Just so you know we're out of that forest for a while now. We're now outside that forest." Mr. Thomas said.

'This old man doesn't even look tired.' I thought.

"Then where are we?" Hobi asked.

"We're now at the place connected to the Bamboo Forest but no humans can see it, nor enter this forest. Even if they do, which is quite a rare case.....me as the forest guardian will guide them out but of course they wouldn't know it or remember any of it." Mr. Thomas explained while walking with his head held high.

"Wow...." Minsoo said. "Never ever in my life would I have imagined to be part of...all this. It's really amazing."  Minsoo said thoughtfully.

"Dude, same. It's just so amazing yet scary at the same time." Hobi exclaimed.

Yea...I mean even I wouldn't have thought to be part of all this. Knowing that this world is so full of mysterious beings, to mysterious places. It's just amazing yet scary.

But it would have been more amazing if Taehyung was here. Even Minho....oh gosh now I'm missing him also. I really hope he's at peace right now.

"I'm so tired." Minsoo whined. "Me too." I said.

"Mr. Thomas, how many more hours?" Hobi asked Mr. Thomas as he was panting and wiping his sweat. 

"Who knows." He said.

"You said that an hour ago too!" Minsoo now got tired and stopped.

"That's it! I'm not gonna walk another step from here." She said and sat on the ground. Breathing heavily and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Unnie, are you okay?" I said and sat next to her. 

"I can't...you guys go ahead without me." She said,

"What are you talking about? No, we're going there together. We'll rest here for a while. Is that alright Mr. Thomas?" Hobi said and the dwarf replied.

"But we're almost there. Just a few steps more." 

"You literally said that we would reach there in two freaking days!! What do you mean a few more steps!" Minsoo groaned loudly. I'm not gonna lie but I'm exhausted as well. We all are except Mr. Thomas.

"Fine, just for a while." Mr. Thomas said and they all sat down to drink some water and hydrate themselves.

"By the way, what were you both talking about last night?" Hobi asked, looking at me and Mr. Thomas.

"What?" I said. They heard us last night.

"I'm sorry, we kinda eavesdrop into your conversation. But I still can't hear anything." Minsoo said.

"Are you worried about Taehyung, y/n?" Minsoo unnie asked me.

"I- yeah I am." I said and fiddled with the bottle in my hands.

"Don't worry y/n, I'm sure he's alright." Hobi said and I smiled.

"Nothing is alright." Mr. Thomas said and we averted our gaze to him now.

"What are you saying?"

"I said nothing is going to be alright." Mr. Thomas's statement left us shocked.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling the rage coming in me.

"Well if you all lazy arses just keep on complaining obviously nothing is gonna be alright. We're almost late as we already are. So stop your complaints and walk." He exclaimed looking at us with a look of disapproval and disappointment.